Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao Be Where He Is Without Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Pacquiao Be Where He Is Without Roach?

How much credit does Freddie Roach deserve for guiding Manny to the top of the game?

You wouldn't know he existed.
    Last edited by Sheshaw; 08-19-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Would Roach be where he is at now if it wasn't for Pac?

I think Pac with any good trainer would have brought him to where he is at now.
      Roach is just along for the ride and to bad mouth all the fighters that he has a chance to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdruid View Post
        Would Roach be where he is at now if it wasn't for Pac?

I think Pac with any good trainer would have brought him to where he is at now.
        Roach is just along for the ride and to bad mouth all the fighters that he has a chance to talk about.
        Example would be how Roach talked **** about Hopkins after Hopkins lost to Calzaghe and he stopped training with him. Maybe Roach didn't want anybody to think that he lost that fight because of his training so he tells everybody that Hopkins should retire because he can't perform in the ring anymore..... Look at Hopkins now, what do you think the problem actually was with Calzaghe? His only lost in recent years and it was with Roach in his corner.

He did the same thing with Delahoya after the Mayweather fight.

Comment

i would say it's a combination of the two. pac knew nothing when he came into the game and was fighting in las vegas. roach worked on his flaws which he still has a few but has found a way to buffer them out somewhat. Roach does keep pac focused and out of all the shenanigans manny was getting into early in his career. Roach is a good trainer, but an average one. allot of his intuitiveness in regards to game planning come from Eddie Futch who was a master trainer. I would say Floyd Sr is a way better trainer but it's his personality which makes him hard to deal with. Manny Steward is another master trainer. I think roach is a product of hardwork and timing. good time right place which he worked himself towards.

James (Buddy) McGirt is a terrible terrible trainer almost equivalent to Zab judah's dad's rambling none sense ahahahahh. James (Buddy) McGirt ruins fighters.

Comment

Roach helped Pac grow into a well-rounded fighter, he improved his footwork greatly.

But what Roach does best is match-making. He knows how to pick'em.

Comment

Manny made Roach....guess when Roach started winning awards?!?...right, when Manny started kickin ass....Roach is overrated...Manny made that clown!!

Comment

Credit?? *****s say roach is a joke coach so
                Mp will still be mp with or without roach.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                  How much credit does Freddie Roach deserve for guiding Manny to the top of the game?
                  Roach is a big Factor on Pacmans success

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                    Roach helped Pac grow into a well-rounded fighter, he improved his footwork greatly.

But what Roach does best is match-making. He knows how to pick'em.
                    Very true. He wanted PBF so bad, but he can't always have what he wants.
                    ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X