Alexander/Urango isn't getting much attention on here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander/Urango isn't getting much attention on here

So who do you think wins this?

I am going to go with the slow come forward puncher.

Urango is not going to just fold up like Witter did and because of how that ended(not Devon's fault), Alexander is really untested still.

He clearly has skill but we don't know much about him in terms of intangibles.

What we know about Urango; 1. he was outboxed by Hatton, outboxed by Berto and neither looked too great in doing it either.

2. he has a great chin as he took the hardest shot from a huge puncher in Bailey and came off the canvas to stop him.

So most likely Devon is not stopping him but could outpoint him to a UD, if Urango can close the gap on anyone as to where they can create no distance then he has them.

Thoughts on this fight?

I think it's not getting much attention because everyone thinks Urando is gonna get spanked. He hasn't fared well vs boxers in his career. I remember he was lucky to get the draw with Arnautis a few years ago, and he's looked waaaay freaking slow to me lately. Anyone from CUnningham's camp/Spinks disciple should be able to box circles around Urango all night. Urango has slow hands, slow feet, telegraphs his punches. I got Alexander by comfortable decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      I think it's not getting much attention because everyone thinks Urando is gonna get spanked. He hasn't fared well vs boxers in his career. I remember he was lucky to get the draw with Arnautis a few years ago, and he's looked waaaay freaking slow to me lately. Anyone from CUnningham's camp/Spinks disciple should be able to box circles around Urango all night. Urango has slow hands, slow feet, telegraphs his punches. I got Alexander by comfortable decision.
      What if Alexander has no chin or can't handle pressure?

These are things we don't know about him yet, but if he can then yeah he should beat Urango by a convincing UD.

I just don't give untested fighter the benefit of the doubt like the mindset that; "he has a good chin until proven otherwise" sort of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        What if Alexander has no chin or can't handle pressure?

These are things we don't know about him yet, but if he can then yeah he should beat Urango by a convincing UD.

I just don't give untested fighter the benefit of the doubt like the mindset that; "he has a good chin until proven otherwise" sort of view.
        I understand where you're coming from. I look at it like this, if Witter (who definitely has pop) couldn't tap Alexander, I don't know how Frankenrango is gonna do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          I understand where you're coming from. I look at it like this, if Witter (who definitely has pop) couldn't tap Alexander, I don't know how Frankenrango is gonna do it.
          Witter wasn't coming forward and was do what he calls defense and was on the back foot most of that fight.

Urango literally has no defense, he is just going to do what he always does and come forward trying to walk Alexander down.

What if Alexander tries to prove something and takes him up on a bit of a brawl at times?

Comment

I figure Alexander beats Urango easily. Urango's style is fun to watch if he's in with the right opponent. He's a strong guy with a decent punch. But nothing more than that. I don't expect anything sensational from Devon, but he can outbox Urango with ease. Basic stick and move. I think it's a wide Alexander UD, Urango getting 2 or 3 rounds.

Comment

Devon will win easy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Witter wasn't coming forward and was do what he calls defense and was on the back foot most of that fight.

Urango literally has no defense, he is just going to do what he always does and come forward trying to walk Alexander down.

What if Alexander tries to prove something and takes him up on a bit of a brawl at times?
                at least witter has some speed. devon is going to see the punches coming a mile away. i think he can probably go arnaoutis on urango (by that I mean he can still make it entertaining because that was a fun fight) and take this pretty easily. I thikn urango's one punch power is a little overrated cuz he just looks so damn strong. it took him 11 rds to catch up to randall bailey and that was more of an accumulation kd if I remember correctly.

Comment

i like urango but i have devon

Comment

i should have bet your ass spray!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X