Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA TIMES: Bars showing Pacquiao-Bradley fight must pay big — or else.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own a bar, and won't get any PPv boxing or UFC... They are overpriced and eat all your profit.. You are lucky to break even after paying the 1600

When I was in college I worked at Buffalo Wild Wings as a hourly supervisor and talked them into getting some PPv fights,, this was around 2005-06 and the owners didn't want to do boxing unless it was a Tyson fight, lol.... They did finally start showing the UFC PPv after I begged them for like a year to get some sort of fights shown.. Pitched them hard on jones-tarver 3, but since the hooters were showing UFC, they finally started showing UFC, and bww is so big, we had great nights at the bar, but after a year or so, we realized bar sales goes up, but dining room plummets as it gets overrun by teenagers that don't drink booze,but will sit there for 5-6 hours drinking unlimited refill sodas, and their tab would be like 8 bucks....plus fights broke out on occasion and that was the end of PPv at our store...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I own a bar, and won't get any PPv boxing or UFC... They are overpriced and eat all your profit.. You are lucky to break even after paying the 1600

When I was in college I worked at Buffalo Wild Wings as a hourly supervisor and talked them into getting some PPv fights,, this was around 2005-06 and the owners didn't want to do boxing unless it was a Tyson fight, lol.... They did finally start showing the UFC PPv after I begged them for like a year to get some sort of fights shown.. Pitched them hard on jones-tarver 3, but since the hooters were showing UFC, they finally started showing UFC, and bww is so big, we had great nights at the bar, but after a year or so, we realized bar sales goes up, but dining room plummets as it gets overrun by teenagers that don't drink booze,but will sit there for 5-6 hours drinking unlimited refill sodas, and their tab would be like 8 bucks....plus fights broke out on occasion and that was the end of PPv at our store...
      that was me at one time. Sorry man, I had to watch the fight

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        that was me at one time. Sorry man, I had to watch the fight
        Lol... It's cool man, we were all young once

Comment

Do not understand why it would cost more,you are ordering the same ppv...just because alot of people can come???they do that at fight parties everywhere...this is plain stupid

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Do not understand why it would cost more ordering the same ppv...just because alot of people can come???they do that at fight parties everywhere...this is plain stupid
            I can only imagine having to pay 2,200 when I ordered the pac marquez 4 during a bday party at my house

Comment

Working...
            X