No announcement yet.

Cotto did not look great, but....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto did not look great, but....

I'm seeing people act like it wasn't a one sided fight. I saaw people in the live thread give Mayorga the first round? Is that a joke? Mayorga won MAX 3 rounds, 2 on my card.

Still, it was an underwhelming performance. I used to think Cotto had a shot at Martinez styles wise, but I was dead wrong. Martinez puts a serious beating on Cotto at this point.

Against MArtinez??? HAHAHAHHAAHHA Id love to see Cotto get murdered by Maravilla!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by el20cuatro View Post
      Against MArtinez??? HAHAHAHHAAHHA Id love to see Cotto get murdered by Maravilla!!!!!!
      Can I have my e-money now!? I think I'm going to buy myself and e-drink to celebrate Cotto's reincarnation!!!! :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        I'm seeing people act like it wasn't a one sided fight. I saaw people in the live thread give Mayorga the first round? Is that a joke? Mayorga won MAX 3 rounds, 2 on my card.

Still, it was an underwhelming performance. I used to think Cotto had a shot at Martinez styles wise, but I was dead wrong. Martinez puts a serious beating on Cotto at this point.
        cotto fought great-- he just doesn't have the same power @ JMW. they just keep coming @ him and sometimes they catch him.

Comment

Cotto clearly won, but Mayorga landed a lot more punches than he should have, and also, Cotto showed he has problems with pressure and fighting backwards once again.

Comment

You can't teach old dog new tricks. As much as i was hoping Steward would make a huge difference with Cotto, It seems he's still making a lot of the same mistakes he used to. Mayorga was hitting him way too often, and he was just fighting in bursts once or twice a round with no real pop left in his punches at this stage of career.

I still haven't seen anything that would suggest that he could win a rematch against Marg, Pac or a fight against Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post

cotto is clearly undersized at 154 lbs and his boxing ability hasn't improved with steward

Comment

this was a great fight for Cotto he just stick to the plan and just did a very intelligent fight never on the ropes like other fights move very well and show a lot of discipline very smart fight u cant trade punches w/ someone like Mayorga,

Mayorga was hitting him way too often? lol

Mayorga did hit Cotto's glove too often... this is Boxing a sport of 2 persons so expect to receive some too

Comment

Some of you want too much from the kid...

Who exactly looks good or great against Mayorga until he officially gets knocked out? Well DLH did but i hope you get my point.

Comment

Mayorga landed 166 power shots compared to only 122 for Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X