No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS THREAD: Pacquiao-Marquez III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL PREDICTIONS THREAD: Pacquiao-Marquez III

This will be the thread to make your in stone predictions on! No backing down after this.

Use the following format to leave your statement:

How do you think they fight will play out?:
    Who wins:
    By decision or KO (specify if SD/UD or KO/TKO):
    If by KO/TKO, what round:

Additional thoughts:

I'll go first!

How do you think they fight will play out?: Pacquiao and Marquez will be hesitant to throw a lot of punches at first. They'll start exchanging good shots by the end of the 1st. In round 3 Pacquiao knocks down Marquez and then the heavy exchanges begin. Marquez keeps pressuring Pacquiao and making him uncomfortable. Pacquiao can't figure out how to get off his shots, throw a wild combination on the move and Marquez tags him and knocks him down. Pacquiao gets up confused and has a tough time getting his rhythm, Marquez keep throwing combinations and up on the scorecards till the 11th. Pacquiao makes a push in the 11th and shakes Marquez, a push that continues till the 12th and Marquez goes on to win a UD war.

Who wins:Marquez
    By decision or KO (specify if SD/UD or KO/TKO): UD - wins by 3 rounds
    If by KO/TKO, what round: N/A

Additional thoughts: It will be an interesting fight, Marquez is a smart fighter and his style is quite similar to Pacquiaos, which is the reason why it causes Manny problems. Marquez has the better combinations and ring intelligence which should give him the edge.
    Pacquiao by KO/TKO
    78.79%
    Marquez by KO/TKO
    6.06%
    Pacquiao by UD
    12.12%
    Marquez by UD
    3.03%
    Pacquiao by SD
    0.00%
    Marquez by SD
    0.00%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Last edited by Explosions; 08-31-2011, 03:22 PM.

Manny by UD.

Comment

Interesting, how many knock downs do you think will happen?

Comment

Pacquiao has no excuse not to stop Marquez within 6.

Comment

Marquez by 1st round KO Ramos style... ok no.

I think the fight goes to distance or a late round TKO for Pacquiao.

Comment

if in first he was knockdown 3x, once in 2nd meeting , this time he will wake up in the hospital. I like Marquez but not against Pacman

Comment

Anything short of a KO is a bad performance for Pacquiao.

If he doesn't do it in 5. It's a disappointment. Not at all, is a bad performance.

Comment

I would like to thank all of you for following the format provided on the OP............. NOT!

Aside from that, I appreciate your participation in this thread.

Comment

I See a fast and furious start from JMM because he knows he has to knock out pac to win and we knowhe cant. I see pac having his way starting in the 2nd or 3rd and knocking JMM down a few times before he goes in and knocks him out JMM getting outclassed and just plain trucked within 6 rounds.
                  Similar to the 3rd fight pac had with pac.
                  I wish JMM would win and even knock pac down or better yet out but this is a BS fight at this weight and Ill give pac less credit than I gave Floyd for this win. The only thing that comes out of this fight is that JMM can finally accept the loss cause he is going to get KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    I See a fast and furious start from JMM because he knows he has to knock out pac to win and we knowhe cant. I see pac having his way starting in the 2nd or 3rd and knocking JMM down a few times before he goes in and knocks him out JMM getting outclassed and just plain trucked within 6 rounds.
                    Similar to the 3rd fight pac had with pac.
                    I wish JMM would win and even knock pac down or better yet out but this is a BS fight at this weight and Ill give pac less credit than I gave Floyd for this win. The only thing that comes out of this fight is that JMM can finally accept the loss cause he is going to get KTFO
                    This is more like the kind of input I was looking for. I'm interested in checking out how some of you see the fight going.

Good breakdown even though obviously I don't agree with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X