Squealpiggy goes around defending "Healthcare Reform", BUT:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealpiggy goes around defending "Healthcare Reform", BUT:

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. I think that the government should stay out of peoples' personal business but should have a hand in regulating business and other areas in which the ignorance of the general populace is often exploited by those with knowledge.
    Squealpiggy, you are simply not a fiscal conservative. Admit you are a radical.

Where are you Obama???

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
      Squealpiggy, you are simply not a fiscal conservative. Admit you are a radical.
      Healthcare means that companies don't have to pay for healthcare for their menial labourers or face them becoming incapacitated and slowing down production. This lowers the cost of production for business, particularly small business.

Of course you could argue about tax rates. In America you lose approximately 20% of your income to taxation. In Canada and Britain you lose approximately 20% of your income to taxation.

But I get healthcare for my tax, what do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Healthcare means that companies don't have to pay for healthcare for their menial labourers or face them becoming incapacitated and slowing down production. This lowers the cost of production for business, particularly small business.

Of course you could argue about tax rates. In America you lose approximately 20% of your income to taxation. In Canada and Britain you lose approximately 20% of your income to taxation.

But I get healthcare for my tax, what do you get?
        You didn't answer the real question. Are you or are you not a fiscal conservative. I already know you're socially liberal, whatever that means.

P.S., if you make 100k where I live in New York, you'll pay 35% of your total income just on Federal, Property, and State Income taxes. That's not even considering taxes on gas (the highest in the country), energy taxes, sales tax (8.625 of all sales), vehicle registrations, and many others. The tax burden where i live is about 50%. I don't think any nation in history has survived a tax burden greater than a third of peoples' income (though I could be wrong).

Comment

Working...
        X