Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does fighting Marquez affect Mayweather's resume? Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

The above must be on the p4p top 10 in most sig-worthy quotes from NSB.
    After this Marquez is taking a fight at Super Middleweight. Don't question it, he's #2 P4P. That means he's capable of flexing between any weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      After this Marquez is taking a fight at Super Middleweight. Don't question it, he's #2 P4P. That means he's capable of flexing between any weight classes.
      Why aim that low? He should go straight for Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
        I don`t recall a top 10 P4P who is champion of just one weight class. Maybe it`s why Henry Armstrong is ATG #3 in most list it is because they are just too good that they surpass these weight classes.

No one knows how PBF will actually fight after more than a year`s layoff. But surely, PBF has not experienced blood in the ring, and JMM is used to it and the hardships of being hit.

I think it boils down to who wants it more, and JMM has the capacity to be victor. Unless he gets assimilated by the mafia, because he is supposed to lose.

They should watch this fight very closely.
        No, generally speaking a P4P ranked fighter is champion of more than one weight class but ultimately there are limits and frequently a gradual progression(there are also factors like age, natural size, style that need to be considered.) However that doesn't mean you can just chuck him into any weight class you want and expect the same exact result from him. I don't mean to suggest it won't be competitive but the criticism stems from fans wanting to see a fight that is more competitive. To be fair, this can be viewed as a tuneup fight but that is the debate going on in this thread.

Comment

Why aim that low? He should go straight for Valuev.
          Marquez might actually be able to win a couple rounds against Miranda(SMW) or Valuev(HW).. ok that's a stretch but it sounds like the argument Thunder is making.

Comment

It's basically a tune up for Floyd.

Comment

Was that 'fight-night weight' stripped or with shoes, jewelry etc. and was it on the official scale or a bath-room weight?

There's no rules for 'fight-night weight'. Maybe there should be, but there is not.
              Not that it means anything at all since fighters always blow up several lbs to a higher weight than the weigh in. The problem is if he naturally blows up to 145 when he's fighting at a lower weight, then he won't likely be blowing up the typical 10 lbs comfortably above 147. Welterweights occasionally walk around at 160 lbs or even above, it doesn't mean they should be fighting Pavlik or Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                It's basically a tune up for Floyd.
                The more this gets analyzed the more this is what's becoming clear. I think the problem lies in PBF claiming it's not a tune up. I think it's slightly more than a tuneup but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                  The more this gets analyzed the more this is what's becoming clear. I think the problem lies in PBF claiming it's not a tune up. I think it's slightly more than a tuneup but not much.
                  Yeah but it's not surprising that he's playing it off like the most important fight in boxing. It's fucking Floyd after all.

I agree, it's slightly better than a tune up but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Yeah but it's not surprising that he's playing it off like the most important fight in boxing. It's fucking Floyd after all.

I agree, it's slightly better than a tune up but not much.
                    I have another dumb question... Is this a megabout??

Comment

Working...
                    X