Collapse
No announcement yet.

New worlds fastest production car contender: Hennessey Venom Gt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's already been topped by Bugatti. They squeezed the neck of the Veyron and got 267mph. Imagine the 5hit eating grin on their test drivers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Da Maori View Post
      It's already been topped by Bugatti. They squeezed the neck of the Veyron and got 267mph. Imagine the 5hit eating grin on their test drivers!
      Which is why put "contender" in the thread title.

The Veyron SS accomplished its run from a rolling start, at a 7 mile test track.

The Venom GT run was from a dig (dead stop), in 2 miles at a Naval Base runway.

The Venom, given enough room, (which is stated at the end of the video) just needs a longer place to stretch it's legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        it doesn't look like a Viper more like a GTR

wait this is Dodge Viper Venom right?
        No. This car has nothing to do with Dodge.

Basic terms, it's a stretched and widened Lotus Exige, with a GM sourced, built 6.0 with two 35r turbos.

Comment

I'd get the McLaren P1 all day though.

Comment

That car destroyed the Veyron in a 2 mile stretch. I wanna see the number it can reach on twice the speedway. They ran out out road and the car wasn't even done. It kept on pushing the limit. It looks like it could possibly reach 300 without breaking a sweat. GM powered? fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Which is why put "contender" in the thread title.

The Veyron SS accomplished its run from a rolling start, at a 7 mile test track.

The Venom GT run was from a dig (dead stop), in 2 miles at a Naval Base runway.

The Venom, given enough room, (which is stated at the end of the video) just needs a longer place to stretch it's legs.
              The Venom is potentially a 275 mph car, but as you say, it's finding somewhere suitable to run it. If they ever do, I'm not sure Bugatti can match that without some radical changes to the Veyron and considering the losses they've already swallowed in getting this far, I think they'd have to concede defeat.

Comment

I misspoke earlier about the Venom GT having a 6.0. It's a 7 liter, LS7 based engine, found in the Corvette Z06.

Pretty interesting article here about it.

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/featur...tive_test.html

Comment

Ford GT (slightly altered to 1700HP!LOL)

283MPH (Standing 1 Mile)

Comment

Here is an acceleration test, 0-230 mph.

Turn your speakers up at the 1 minute 25 second mark.

Comment

Working...
                    X