Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Yuriorkis Gamboa @126lbs: who wins, why & how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    I've thought about this match up a lot actually. It'd either be one of two kinds of fights, either an explosive one, or a chess match due to the level of skill they both have, and how they are both predominantly counter punchers, especially Rigondeaux. They're both lightning quick of both hand and foot. Both have tremendous power. The defensive advantage goes to Guillermo IMO.

Very, very hard fight to call. But I'd probably give a SLIGHT advantage to Rigondeaux due to his better defense. I think it'd be an either 12 round tentative chess match, or an explosive short fight. I'd probably go with Rigondeaux with a late TKO, in a VERY close and chess match-like fight.
    After 10 fights with brutal quick endings, where are you getting Rigo has great defence.

Have you seen this from his amatuer fights?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Not at all, it may even benefit him as he wouldn't have to cut those extra 4lbs.
      He believes he can go to 126 & even 130, he said if Donaire avoids him he is going to move up with him until he fights him

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
        After 10 fights with brutal quick endings, where are you getting Rigo has great defence.

Have you seen this from his amatuer fights?
        Both. I've been following El Chacal long before most here even really knew who he was. Gamboa is a lot more reckless then Rigondeaux. Rigondeaux you could say plays it a bit more safe. But he's more controlled in the ring, and he is very hard to hit. He's a master of maintaining and controlling distance and range. He also has some of the fastest feet I've ever seen.

I think Gamboa has a slight hand speed advantage, but Rigondeaux has a foot speed advantage. And, when you combine the fact Gamboa leaves himself wide open at times when he comes in, and Rigo's superb accuracy and timing, it COULD spell disaster for Gamboa. Overall though, it's a VERY hard fight to call IMO. IT's far from being a cut and dried win for either man.

Comment

What exactly makes you think that
          Gamboa is simply "better"? Serious question. He's a bit more explosive, and maybe a bit more athletic but El Chacal is a supreme counter puncher, and I think he is not only more responsible defensively, but overall better defensively then Gamboa. Gamboa would not be able to just explode on Rigondeaux in the same fashion he does everyone else. Rigondeaux is dangerously accurate and has some of the most shocking timing I've personally ever witnessed.
          He's proven it. Rigondeaux has yet to prove he is as good as Gamboa. He looks great fighting who he has fought sure, we'll see if he continues to look so great as his competition improves.

BTW, I do not believe Gamboa runs through Rigondeaux in any way shape or form.

Comment

As much as I like Gamboa, I actually think that his recklessness will cost him dearly, as el chacal is way more methodical and relaxed than Gamboa and will take advantage of every mistake Gamboa makes, however Gamboas style plus his speed and power always gives him a chance.

I still think that during those defensive and concentration lapses Yuri has, Rigo would make him pay and lose his cool, which will turn the fight to Rigo's favor.

Comment

What exactly makes you think that
              Gamboa is simply "better"? Serious question. He's a bit more explosive, and maybe a bit more athletic but El Chacal is a supreme counter puncher, and I think he is not only more responsible defensively, but overall better defensively then Gamboa. Gamboa would not be able to just explode on Rigondeaux in the same fashion he does everyone else. Rigondeaux is dangerously accurate and has some of the most shocking timing I've personally ever witnessed.
              Gamboa fights more entertaining and throws more punches, is physically stronger. Both guys are super-athletic. But Rigo has better defense and fights more economic. He might have better skills as well, on the other hand he mostly uses the straight left, while Gamboa uses all kind of different punches.
              I cant see a favorite here, so i say 50:50.

Comment

Gamboas more proven so ill go with him. Rigo can fight but the same people hating on Broner for fighting bums praise Rigo. LMAO SMH. The last person Rigo fought, I dont care if he was underfeated, he hit with 5 straight left hands. That tells me hes still fighting tomato cans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                  Gamboa fights more entertaining and throws more punches, is physically stronger. Both guys are super-athletic. But Rigo has better defense and fights more economic. He might have better skills as well, on the other hand he mostly uses the straight left, while Gamboa uses all kind of different punches.
                  I cant see a favorite here, so i say 50:50.
                  Nice prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    The Cuban Clash between Guillermo Rigondeaux & Yuriorkis Gamboa @126lbs: who wins, why & how?
                    thats hard to tell but im taking the guy with the most PRO experience, there is a huge difference there

Comment

BTW i want to see Gamboa in the ring again! I like him but i dont like how he turned down that fight against this other guy who is a friend of Margarito and makes jokes about Parkinson.

Comment

Working...
                      X