Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Livid: Garcia's Corner Was Ready To Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Livid: Garcia's Corner Was Ready To Quit!

NEW YORK — Mikey Garcia would’ve fought through a broken nose early Sunday morning, but he wasn’t required to do so.

Garcia instead won the WBO featherweight title from Orlando Salido by technical decision in The Theater at Madison Square Garden, where their scheduled 12-round fight was stopped due to Garcia’s broken nose. Garcia knocked down Salido four times and was way ahead on all three scorecards when the fight was stopped after eight rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

All them clean shots the steroid taking Salido shipped have clearly made him very delusional. He was getting his ass thoroughly kicked.

Comment

It sucks that the fight ended in a way that leaves talk like this possible.

Comment

I like Salido but he's just embarrassing himself now.

Comment

Maybe, but it looked like you gave up after the first 3 rounds.... his face just looked devoid of motivation

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo
            Maybe, but it looked like you gave up after the first 3 rounds.... his face just looked devoid of motivation
            Gave up? Wanna explain? He kept on coming and started finding himself some success as the fight went on.

As for Salido, don't worry bro you can at least sleep at night knowing you came to fight. Probably can't say the same about Garcia. He came to hug cause he got no inside game and to quit.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Garcia was winning handily. But the doctor shouldn't have stopped the fight just because of a broken nose.

Comment

It was injury from a headbutt cuase it wasnt an accidental head clash from both, so it goes to the scorecards, if it would of been cause by punch then it would of been a victory by Salido

Salido was getting schooled n he almost got dropped in the same round, he was coming on harder n he would of finished harder but i think Mikey would of ko him later

I didnt like that Robert Garcia was quick to go to a decision, but it was an ugly foul from a HEADBUTT not a head clash or a punch, so it would of given Salido an unfair advantage over Mikey by breaking his nose with the head

Comment

García was winning BIG & had won almost all the rounds they fought, but Salido was coming on & going for broke(he has doo or die warrior attitude) but the way García's corner decided to stop the fight & go to the cards left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, especially the one's that were rooting for Salido(like Me).. But can't blame them since it was obvious they were ahead on all cards & ¿why risk further damage?.. Plus Mickey wasn't too thrilled by the way the fight ended.. Now the question is¿Would Gacía & his corner had continued if it was caused by a punch or if it was close fight or if Salido was ahead? Cause this is boxing & there's a good chance he could get his nose broken again & the next time it could be by a punch..

Comment

No issue from me. Garcia was dominating Salido, and his nose looked broken to me. Besides, the headbutt was all on Salido and was possibly intentional. Cry me a river.

Comment

Working...
                    X