Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember that first PROPER body shot you ever took?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember that first PROPER body shot you ever took?

If you're either a new student of the sweet science (like me) or an experienced one...remember the feeling when you got hit properly for the first time in the body?

A while ago I was sparring with a much shorter powerful guy who used the right strategy since I was the taller one, and it was the first time I felt a proper body shot. He was quite experienced so I assume he didn't throw 100% but it was right on the button, we were also sparring quite agressively. That feeling of complete shut-down, it definitely was a wake up call. Highly motivated me to work on my defense and put that extra effort in strengthening the core.

Not exactly boxing , but i sparred mma a few months ago with the coach , i threw a jab , he slipped and countered by a round hook to the body , he didnt even punch me that hard.... I act like it didnt hurt , but man that **** was painful as hell lol .

Comment

yeah specially to the liver, i try to keep em tight and stay relaxed at the same time

Comment

Yes.

I got hit on the right side and felt it on the left.

Comment

Ducked my straight right or jab in sparring then hit me with a right to the plexus had me winded luckily the buzzer to end the sparring session went literally 2 seconds later as I stumbled backwards into the ropes.

Comment

Hurts, man. Anyone who's too stubborn to focus on their defense needs one of these.

Comment

few weeks ago i got hit with a nasty straight to the solar plexus. i had to back down and almost went on one knee but then i just pulled through. felt like somebody threw a big rock into my stomach. it was unexpected too and those usually do the most damage

Comment

I remember mine very well and it came at the hands of my own father. We were doing our usual training and as I closed in for an uppercut, he landed a left hook out of nowhere that sat my ass on the canvas for a good five minutes.

Comment

Its a horrible revolting feeling. In sparring I've yet to be dropped by a head shot, but I have been sent to a knee with a savage body attack.

It can be a cumulative effect of being winded, being hurt and exhausted at the same time......and not being able to breathe. Pretty nasty.....keep your elbows in and don't neglect your abdominal work.

Comment

Body shots are a *****. I've been knocked down two times in sparring with body shots although I usually spar guys heavier than me. Since I've worked on my abs and core strength and I've been able to take them better but at first it was pretty rough.

Comment

Working...
                    X