No announcement yet.

after watching pac-jmm III again. without the tension and adrenaline rush

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one_two_puncher View Post
    after watching it again here's my take round per round.

no bias here. I had JMM winning when I watched it live, let's see it again without all the tension and adrenaline rush. haha

round 1: 10-9 Pacquiao , Not much action but Manny tagged JMM more, with more solid shots.

round 2: 10-9 JMM, solid counter punching although not much action, landed cleaner blows than Pacquiao

round 3: 10-9 JMM, Countering Pacquiao every chance he gets, Pacquiao looks a bit confused

round 4: 10-9 Pacquiao, Manny picking up the pace, tagging JMM with solid shots, although JMM landed a nice right hand that popped Manny's head at the end of the round

round 5: 10-9 JMM, Manny's head was target practice for the right hand of Marquez this round

round 6: 10-10 Draw, when Marquez hits solid, Pacquiao returns with another close combo. too close to call this round, nice action in this round

round 7: 10-10 ,again too close to call. Pacquiao was getting tagged with right hands but landing some blazing combos on JMM, another even round

round 8: 10-9 Pacquiao, By just a frickin inch, he landed very slightly more significant shots and combos this round, and just the more effective aggressor this round

round 9: 10-9 Marquez, damn nice action packed round. Pac more the aggressor with ****in fast combos, but not hitting marquez much, Marquez landed more solid combos this round

round 10: 10-9 Pacquiao, Marquez too conservative this round. Manny tagged him with good shots in his fast combos,

round 11: 10-9 Pacquiao, Marquez was doing almost nothing but he did land a solid 1-2 on Pacquiao at the end of the round, but manny was dominating this round with combos that blitzed JMM

round 12: 10-9 Pacquiao, another Pacquiao round. JMM landed a couple of solid shots.. could of done more, but he didn't, I don't know if it's because of what nacho saying that he was winning and he got it in the bag and he didn't wanna take anymore risks, or was he gassed?. Pacquiao landed more, and landed solid shots

116-114 Pacquiao.

damn? maybe because of so much expectation from Pacquiao and so much underestimating of Marquez that we overlooked the fight?

very close. Gotta give it to Pacquiao though..
    I'm running out of time and I need to watch it again tomorrow. I re-watched the first 2 round in super slow motion in this is what I found. Tell me if you see Marquez landed somewhere and what is the time frame so I can check it again.

Round 1

Between 3:00-1:47 both fighters were just jabbing, circling, feinting, punches were threw but no one has landed so far, Marquez punches were either missing the targets or Pacquiao blocked it by his elbows or forearms. In 1:53 time remaining, Marquez landed a right jab to the body, in 1:48, Pacquiao landed a straight left to the head, between 1:11-1:10, Pacquiao landed a right hook to the head while Marquez landed a left hook to the head and 2 body shots. In :29 second time remaining, Pac landed a straight left to the head and right jab to the head in :26s time remaining.

It was a very close fight but Pac won the round 1 as he landed 1 more shot, threw more punches and more aggressive.

Round 2
    As usual most of the time, both fighters were just jabbing, circling, feinting, Marquez punches were either missing the target or Pacquiao blocked it by his elbows or forearms. In 2:10 Pacquiao landed left straight to Marquez head, in 2:03, Pac landed another right straight to the head, in 1:38, Marquez landed right straight Pacquiao’s head, in 1:22, Pacquiao landed a left straight to the head, in 1:00, landed a right jab to the head, in 34s remaining Pacquiao landed a left straight to the head and another left straight to the body at 33s remaining, in 29s, Pac landed a left straight to the body and left hook to the body in the 26 seconds remaining, in 4s remaining, Marquez landed a right jab to the head of Pacquiao.

Pacquiao landed clearly 8 total punches while Marquez landed only 2 clear punches. Round 2 Pacquiao. He clearly won in this round.

It is strange but Marquez actually only landed 2 punches clearly on Pac. All his other punches were dodged by Pac or blocked by elbows and forearms. Watch it in super slow motion and you will admire Pac defense.
    Last edited by whirlwind; 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      pac landed way more.

and landed the harder punches.

people expected pac to just blow jmm away.

so when that didn't happen , the natural reaction is to assume that pac was doing bad and jmm was doing good.

a good example of this is the morales-maidana fight.

i was rooting for morales and expected so little from him.

so everytime morales did something , i was jumping and hollering and thinking he was doing better than he was.

that's why a lot of people thought morales won. in truth he got beat up.
      Agreed completely.... The expectations were so low for marquez from some people including myself....the reaction changed their scoring

Although i scored it 116-112.... JMM did absolutely nothing in the last 2 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
        Agreed completely.... The expectations were so low for marquez from some people including myself....the reaction changed their scoring

Although i scored it 116-112.... JMM did absolutely nothing in the last 2 rounds
        Marquez just landed 2 shots in round 2 against Pacquiao. Unbelievable but watch it in real slow motion. Pac dodged or blocked all other Marquez punches.

Comment

watching it live without pen paper in front of me, i thought JMM won. but i will have to watch a replay and score it this time. this could be one of those fights where the underdog did so much better than expected that it looked like he won.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
            I'm running out of time and I need to watch it again tomorrow. I re-watched the first 2 round in super slow motion in this is what I found. Tell me if you see Marquez landed somewhere and what is the time frame so I can check it again.

Round 1

Between 3:00-1:47 both fighters were just jabbing, circling, feinting, punches were threw but no one has landed so far, Marquez punches were either missing the targets or Pacquiao blocked it by his elbows or forearms. In 1:53 time remaining, Marquez landed a right jab to the body, in 1:48, Pacquiao landed a straight left to the head, between 1:11-1:10, Pacquiao landed a right hook to the head while Marquez landed a left hook to the head and 2 body shots. In :29 second time remaining, Pac landed a straight left to the head and right jab to the head in :26s time remaining.

It was a very close fight but Pac won the round 1 as he landed 1 more shot, threw more punches and more aggressive.

Round 2
            As usual most of the time, both fighters were just jabbing, circling, feinting, Marquez punches were either missing the target or Pacquiao blocked it by his elbows or forearms. In 2:10 Pacquiao landed left straight to Marquez head, in 2:03, Pac landed another right straight to the head, in 1:38, Marquez landed right straight Pacquiao’s head, in 1:22, Pacquiao landed a left straight to the head, in 1:00, landed a right jab to the head, in 34s remaining Pacquiao landed a left straight to the head and another left straight to the body at 33s remaining, in 29s, Pac landed a left straight to the body and left hook to the body in the 26 seconds remaining, in 4s remaining, Marquez landed a right jab to the head of Pacquiao.
            Pacquiao landed 8 punches, Marquez landed only 2 punches. Round 2 Pacquiao. He clearly won in this round.

It is strange but Marquez actually only landed 2 punches clearly on Pac. All his other punches were dodged by Pac or blocked by elbows and forearms. Watch it in super slow motion and you will admire Pac defense.
            i didnt watch it in super slow motion but:

if you re-watch it and forget EVERYTHING that happened b/n these guys in the past and what they have done and just look for punches that landed you'd actually be surprised that through rounds 1-9 ,in my initial assessment, these two guys TOTAL landed punches averaged 3-5 punches per round

i'd like to get other copies of the fight that shows other angles but that's how i saw the fight so far...

so yeah i also don't know where the DOMINATED or SCHOOLED term come from... JMM got schooled by Mayweather - PAC was schooled by Morales the first fight - Barrera was dominated by PAC the first fight....this was nowhere near these fights

Comment

Marquez just landed 2 shots in round 2 against Pacquiao. Unbelievable but watch it in real slow motion. Pac dodged or blocked all other Marquez punches.
              this is fairly obvious:

a) Pac said he caught a lot of punches with his glove

b) The only damage on pacs face was a headbutt.

Comment

This is what most people fail to see. I saw Manny block a lot of Marquez combos. Marquez had great moments, but due to everyone being primed for a Pacquiao blowout, JMM success was blew out of proportion.

I had an even fight going into round 7, with Manny winning rounds 9, 10, 11, and 12. Marquez won rounds 7, and after a rewatch of the fight I switched and gave JMM round 8.

Manny 115-113.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
                  Fights are judged by the ROUND not by the punch tally at the end of the fight, as if that really needs to be explained. If they were judged on number of punches landed by compubox there would be no need for judges at all right?
                  pac landed more per round. the only time pac was hurt was with a headbutt. dont see the whole outcry about robbery. pac didnt look like superman but he won

Comment

Round 1

Round 2

Pacquiao landed clearly 8 total punches while Marquez landed only 2 clear punches. Round 2 Pacquiao. He clearly won in this round.

pac didnt land 30+ punches per round so people celebrated that the underdog who were not supposed to go 12 rounds won the fight just by surviving

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      this is fairly obvious:

a) Pac said he caught a lot of punches with his glove

b) The only damage on pacs face was a headbutt.
                      seriously, people were jumping up and down at the bar like "he got cut! he got cut!" And I was like "it was from a headbutt you dumbasses" then they showed that it was a headbutt on the replay, and they were like "oh...."

Comment

Working...
                      X