Where now for Evander Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
    guess he thinks god's looking over him

if rumors of him needing money are true plz tell me how you end up broke after being in two fights with Iron Mike Tyson & two fights with Lewis among others he made more in the 2nd Tyson fight then alot of fighters would make combined he must have been living a reckless livestyle

Not using these.

Comment

if things are as tight as he says, then he needs to fight whoever for the biggest bucks possible.

Comment

Surely he could make it in the media or as a trainer? He's a popular man.

Comment

Where now for Evander Holyfield?
          I suggest the Phillipines. Cost of living there is almost nothing (you can live like a king for maybe $800 a month). Many of the guys I served with retired there because their military pension can give them a lifestyle there that they'd never have a chance at here in the states. Also, you can get your kink on dirt cheap. Back in the '80's, you could get a couple of girls, all the booze and food your guts could survive, and a place to stay for a day or three, for maybe $10.

The nights I actually remember spending there, I remember fondly.

Comment

I read a while back that his 12m in debt, I can't see him paying that back by fighting once a year, for under 500 k. He needs to retire, file for bankruptcy and restructure his child support payments.

Comment

i saw a list one time, dont know where though, but it said that he had earned like 500 mill. only ones over him was Tyson, and ODLH..

Comment

Originally posted by pcr405 View Post
                Health first evander. If money is an issue surely he can go on and become a pundit or writer etc to make a few extra pennies.
                Unfortunately, a few pennies won't cut it. Apparently, he has serious financial troubles:

In
                June 2008 a legal notice was placed by Washington Mutual Bank stating that Holyfield's $10 million, 54,000 square foot, 109 room, 17 bathroom suburban Atlanta estate would be auctioned off on July 1, 2008 due to foreclosure. Adding to his financial problems, Toi Irvin, mother of his 10 year old son, filed suit for non-payment of two months child support (he pays $3,000 per month for this child). A Utah landscaping firm also has gone to court seeking $550,000 in unpaid debt for services.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
                  i saw a list one time, dont know where though, but it said that he had earned like 500 mill. only ones over him was Tyson, and ODLH..
                  I read in a paper that his total fight purses was around 180M and Tyson around 300M.

Comment

But surely if he was fighting on for financial reasons, then he'd be jumping to fight whenever he can?

Fact is he's fought twice in the last two years and both of those were title rights.

There was the farcical situation in Ethiopia against blown-up ex-super middleweight De Retta which never happened, but apart from that he only seems interested in fighting for belts.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_Cardiff View Post
                      But surely if he was fighting on for financial reasons, then he'd be jumping to fight whenever he can?

Fact is he's fought twice in the last two years and both of those were title rights.

There was the farcical situation in Ethiopia against blown-up ex-super middleweight De Retta which never happened, but apart from that he only seems interested in fighting for belts.
                      Exactly, fighting for belts is the quickest way to get money, with millions in purse money win or lose. If he fights young contenders then he will likely lose and lose the chance and credibility to challenge title holders.

Comment

Working...
                      X