No announcement yet.

Jackie Chan could join Karate Kid remake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie Chan could join Karate Kid remake

Some of you will probably have heard about this already. I'm not always impressed when I hear of a remake being talked about, but I think Chan would be a great choice for the Miyagi role.

''Jackie Chan looks set to slip into the robes of the late great Pat Morita as Mr Miyagi in the forthcoming Karate Kid remake, Variety reports.

The Hong Kong-born martial arts superstar is in final negotiations to join Jaden Smith, son of Will, who has signed up for the role played by Ralph Macchio in the 1984 original. The new film will roughly follow the plot of its predecessor, with Smith playing a bullied schoolboy who is helped by an eccentric mentor.

If he accepts the role, Chan will be setting himself a tough challenge to live up to Morita's iconic performance. Not only is Morita's role as the "Old One" etched in the minds of a generation of fans, but the Japanese-American actor was garlanded with accolades for his part in John G Avildsen's family classic.

He became the first Asian-American actor to be nominated for an acting Oscar, scoring a best supporting actor nod at the 1985 Academy Awards. He was also nominated for a Golden Globe in the same category.''

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/...han-karate-kid

Martial arts are no martial arts under his belt, he has a long way to get the miyagi appeal. Miyagi has age, with age wisdom soon follows. You can't just say that - I think chan is way beyond this comparison

OT - What is the boat about? Amazing picture

Comment

Oh I know he does, but I think he might pull it off ok. It will at least give him a chance to prove he isn't a one trick pony. He's obviously never going to be a Robert De Niro in the acting department, but it could be a fun film.

That's the supertanker Knock Nevis, now a storage and offloading unit. I think it still holds the record as the World's longest ship.

Comment

Last edited by TRAVI$; 01-19-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Oh I know he does, but I think he might pull it off ok. It will at least give him a chance to prove he isn't a one trick pony. He's obviously never going to be a Robert De Niro in the acting department, but it could be a fun film.

That's the supertanker Knock Nevis, now a storage and offloading unit. I think it still holds the record as the World's longest ship.
          Do you have any links to trailers or confirmed news?

Comment

imdb have annouced that he will be in the movie. aint will smith behind the film?

Comment

Where is the Mr Miyagi Alt when you need him??????

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
                imdb have annouced that he will be in the movie. aint will smith behind the film?
                lol I've read from more than one source that his son is supposed to be the "Daniel" character.

Comment

Karate kid films are ****, when does that lionheart 2009 come out, mma films are taking over

Comment

Working...
                  X