No announcement yet.

Anti-Poverty Pofessor makes 205k annually teaching one class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hous View Post
    He's just one of the many causes that push recent law grads into poverty, its just ironic because he teaches poverty law.
    $136.66 per student.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Hous, you're totally right. The elitists want to overpay teachers who reinforce their ideological bullish. Liberalism is the religious belief and worship of government. They control the education system so the defend overpaid elitists.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      1500 students. 205,000 divided by 1500 is $136.66.
      Wow, so his classes are 750 students apiece. That's amazing! The largest class I've ever attended was about 350 and that was Sociology. It's also more like $213,000 including his stipend.

I don't think that one law professor making too much money is the cause.
      I don't think that anyone implied that his salary was the cause.

I think the cause is the reclassifying of places of learning as businesses.
      Is that because you think all secondary education should be "free?"

They can charge more money for law because people pay more money for law degrees and so they do.
      They can also charge more money because of the easy accessibility of grants and loans. All tuition has been skyrocketing, not just for those professions that pay handsomely.

Do you suggest legislation to limit the salaries of law professors?
      Of course not, I don't support a minimum or a maximum wage. Or any artificial government mandated price fixing, for that matter. But I do like pointing out hypocrisy. You know like attacking Sarah Palin's teenage daughter for being born with a silver spoon in her mouth (she wasn't) and then bragging about your 6 figure income.

Oh that's right, I remember somebody earlier in the thread bringing up Democrat politicians, no wait, that never happened until you got here.
      Was going to make a thread about it, but I figured Captain Saveadem would don his cloak of impartiality and rush to her defense. Next time I'll just make a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Wow, so his classes are 750 students apiece. That's amazing! The largest class I've ever attended was about 350 and that was Sociology. It's also more like $213,000 including his stipend.
        Nope. 1500 law students enrolled that pay his salary.

I don't think that anyone implied that his salary was the cause.
        Originally posted by Hous
        He's just one of the many causes that push recent law grads into poverty, its just ironic because he teaches poverty law.

Is that because you think all secondary education should be "free?"
        I think a case could be made for free education for prospective students who are able to make a reasonable business proposition for how their degree will contribute to their future earning potential. I'm not really a fan of free tuition for courses because people feel they should go to college at 18.

They can also charge more money because of the easy accessibility of grants and loans. All tuition has been skyrocketing, not just for those professions that pay handsomely.
        By flooding colleges with students and increasing the supply of graduates the actual cache of having a degree is worth less. More emphasis on vocational qualifications would be preferable.

Of course not, I don't support a minimum or a maximum wage. Or any artificial government mandated price fixing, for that matter. But I do like pointing out hypocrisy. You know like attacking Sarah Palin's teenage daughter for being born with a silver spoon in her mouth (she wasn't) and then bragging about your 6 figure income.
        I don't think I ever suggested that Bristol Palin was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. I did however find a certain schadenfreude about the fact that the most prominent rabidly insane republican politician of the past few decades had a daughter who got herself knocked up thus proving the efficacy of her mother's abstinence only approach to sex ed. Palin isn't known for being particularly wealthy. She's known for being stupid.

Comment

Working...
        X