Odlanier Solis: 2004 Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post

It IS depressing.
    As a professional fighter, I would be embarrassed to take my shirt off looking like that.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      As a professional fighter, I would be embarrassed to take my shirt off looking like that.
      He's not just fat as a fighter, he's fat for an everyday regular person.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I'd understand putting on some weight to get bigger than 200 lbs for the HW division. But he shouldn't have put on anymore than 15-20 lbs. It's just sad to see what this guy has become, when he had so much potential.
        Solis is a small heavywight. Even 230 might be acceptable for him at 6'1". He just doesn't want it.

Comment

He's not just fat as a fighter, he's fat for an everyday regular person.
          True story. Solis looks like your typical fatbody lying around North Miami Beach chuggin' suds.

Comment

Someone told me it's because he fought Haye around that time, he was never the same after the Haye fight even though he won. It was like Taylor was never the same after Hopkins, even in victory. Haye basically retired Solis even before he turned pro. So I heard from someone who is connected to Haye on Twitter, but it sounds unlikely.

Comment

Solis is a small heavywight. Even 230 might be acceptable for him at 6'1". He just doesn't want it.
              I understand getting bigger than when you were an amateur, where he weighed in around 200 lbs. But he didn't have to get THAT much bigger. He could have, if he was dedicated, put on 15-20 lbs and weigh around 215-220 and be a solid HW. He would still have had his great speed and he was fairly slick when he was lighter. I don't think he wants it. If he does want, he'll lose weight, so we'll find out.

Malik Scott when he was in his early bouts weighed around 220-225, and just beofre his long layoff due to injury and promotional problems, he weighed in at 255 and was pretty fat. He made his return after a long long long layoff and looked re-dedicated, weighing 225 at 6'3''.

Solis needs to re-dedicate himself and lose 20-25 lbs at the very least. If he could get into the 240's, he'd still be fat but it'd be a start. If he could get into the 230's, I'd be surprised and he'd be well on his way. If he were to slim down to the 220's, I'd be SHOCKED.

Comment

I understand getting bigger than when you were an amateur, where he weighed in around 200 lbs. But he didn't have to get THAT much bigger. He could have, if he was dedicated, put on 15-20 lbs and weigh around 215-220 and be a solid HW. He would still have had his great speed and he was fairly slick when he was lighter. I don't think he wants it. If he does want, he'll lose weight, so we'll find out.

Malik Scott when he was in his early bouts weighed around 220-225, and just beofre his long layoff due to injury and promotional problems, he weighed in at 255 and was pretty fat. He made his return after a long long long layoff and looked re-dedicated, weighing 225 at 6'3''.

Solis needs to re-dedicate himself and lose 20-25 lbs at the very least. If he could get into the 240's, he'd still be fat but it'd be a start. If he could get into the 230's, I'd be surprised and he'd be well on his way. If he were to slim down to the 220's, I'd be SHOCKED.
                I agree that Solis's ideal weight should be in the 215-220 range. However, in today's heavyweight environment, Odlanier might be a touch too small at those weights. In my opinion, 230 might be a happy medium. Sadly, even that weight might be too much work for the kid. I'd call Solis "dedicated" if he came in at 230.

Comment

I agree that Solis's ideal weight should be in the 215-220 range. However, in today's heavyweight environment, Odlanier might be a touch too small at those weights. In my opinion, 230 might be a happy medium. Sadly, even that weight might be too much work for the kid. I'd call Solis "dedicated" if he came in at 230.
                  Solis has never weighed less than 246 in his whole pro career. Average weight in his career is 256. What you're asking I think is near impossible, he never showed any intention to be in great shape going all the way back to his pro debut when he weighed 259.

Comment

word, whats crazy is that Malik Scott was almost 300 pounds before returning...

anyway, finally got the gif of Solis stopping David Haye >>>>

Comment

how do you go through training camp and look like this?

Comment

Working...
                      X