Prime calzaghe literally bodybags this era of middles and supermiddles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
    Keyboard warrior.

Calzaghe would jam his meat pipe deep in your hole and then violate your father too.

He's TBE

Floyd would've died against Joe. Even a prime Roy Jones was taken apart by Calzaghe.
    This really is signature worthy....

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
      I don't mind his arrogance. But I do mind people claiming he was better than he was. He was a good fighter but let's be real. The "slap boxing" was a thing and GGG would have retired him early, Danny Jacobs would have stopped him and Eubank Jr would have swarmed him over 12. Canelo would be too slippery on the counters and the uppercuts would be jacking him all night to a decision.

The only ones I see him feasibly beating would be Saunders, Lee and Cotto.
      What the **** is this garbage post ? Danny jacobs stops him ??!?! Eubank Jr swarming him ? NOBODY swarmed him , you can argue about a lot of things but dude .... Feasibly beating Saunders ? Lee? what are you on about.... Jacobs will stop him.... jesus ****ing christ go you need to change sports ASAP.
      Canelo.... LOL ......

Comment

• Originally posted by bluzi View Post
        What the **** is this garbage post ? Danny jacobs stops him ??!?! Eubank Jr swarming him ? NOBODY swarmed him , you can argue about a lot of things but dude .... Feasibly beating Saunders ? Lee? what are you on about.... Jacobs will stop him.... jesus ****ing christ go you need to change sports ASAP.
        Canelo.... LOL ......
        I only see Canelo lasting the distance out of the guys he mentioned. No one absolutely no one swarmed Joe he had one of the highest work rates of any fighter ever and never stopped. Joe cuts and busts up Eubank, GGG and Jacobs with ease. Canelo has a granite chin and that's all that saves him from being stopped.

Comment

• thank you for this hard hitting news flash that cotto who never fought at 160 would lose to former supermiddleweight lineal champion cal***gy.

i dont think anyone on this site realized this until OP brought this to our attention.

Comment

• Hopkins sat him down in the first round of their fight.

I think we can all imagine what Golovkin could do to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              No, what I'm saying is:

He was a big, fast, southpaw, who was very awkward to fight.

Yes, the Manfredo stoppage was horrific. However, saying that Canelo Alvarez would have beaten him, is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I've absolutely no idea why you think that would even have been a possibility. It's truly baffling.
              Canelo is underrated as a boxer. Especially now. The Nelo that fought TBE was experienced in fight counts but not in defensive brilliance like he evolved to.

Let's not forget, cards had Khan beating Nelo until Khan got put to sleep. It only really took one special punch.

"Calslappy" as many like to call him would get caught coming in with something fierce. Unless the judges give him a gift, I don't see him getting to 12 against Canelo Alvarez at 160-168. I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                Hopkins sat him down in the first round of their fight.

Not necessarily.

Styles make fights.

Bernard is also bigger, at 6'1, with a 75" reach.

I dislike Joe, and I love GG, but I'd have to have favoured Joe, especially as we've not even seen GG at SMW yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Canelo is underrated as a boxer. Especially now. The Nelo that fought TBE was experienced in fight counts but not in defensive brilliance like he evolved to.

Let's not forget, cards had Khan beating Nelo until Khan got put to sleep. It only really took one special punch.

"Calslappy" as many like to call him would get caught coming in with something fierce. Unless the judges give him a gift, I don't see him getting to 12 against Canelo Alvarez at 160-168. I don't.
                  You're entitled to your opinion, but to me, it's crazy.

Canelo is significantly smaller, and he would have been bamboozled by Joe's speed and volume.

It may not have been pretty, and most of Joe's cuffs/slaps may have missed the target. But they would have scored points against a bewildered Canelo.

Look at the difference in height.

Look at the difference in reach.

Look at the difference in natural weight. Joe walked around at over 190 pounds.

Look at Joe's awkward style.

Canelo hasn't even fought an official MW yet. He's still a JMW.

How on earth could he be favoured over a big SMW/LHW like Joe?

It's madness.

Khan? Khan was a former LW who'd been knocked out twice before, who'd never even fought at LMW-MW.

Joe could take a shot.

Are you seriously telling me that Canelo could have knocked Joe out in the same manner? Joe would have been 175-180 on fight night.

You couldn't envisage Joe getting to 12?

You simply must be trolling for a joke.

I'd love for you to make a thread. Not because I want to see anyone ridicule your opinion, but I'd genuinely love to know if anyone agrees with you.
                  Last edited by robertzimmerman; 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                    Hopkins sat him down in the first round of their fight.

This is the point I'm making. B-Hop is not a knockout artist nor has he ever been. But he's cagey, he's intelligent. That's what beats Calzaghe. Ring intelligence and generalship.

As a result:

Originally posted by bluzi View Post
                    What the **** is this garbage post ? Danny jacobs stops him ??!?! Eubank Jr swarming him ? NOBODY swarmed him , you can argue about a lot of things but dude .... Feasibly beating Saunders ? Lee? what are you on about....
                    Danny Jacobs stopped Quillin, and nobody saw it coming. He knew what he had to do.

Eubank Jr. swarmed and nearly killed a dude in the ring. Just like his dad.

Canelo is arguably the most intelligent fighter of the current gen. Don't you dare say Chocolatito, the guy who went life or death with Cuadras.

Saunders, Lee and Cotto aren't as intelligent in the ring and they're not finishers. So no, I don't see them getting past the Slappy One.

Calzaghe is known for four main wins. Let's analyze.

B-Hop - almost didn't win that, in fact he shouldn't have

Roy Jones - you say he was in his prime. Despite already having been softened up by Tarver and Johnson. This dude was on the decline and you know it.

Jeff Lacy - This is his signature win. Never mind that Lacy was an overhyped bum that hadn't fought anybody, he just looked good.

Chris Eubank - One year before his getting retired. Yeah alright. Nevermind that Slappy One couldn't stop a way-over-washed-up Eubank.

In fact, he couldn't stop anyone worth noting despite them being over the hill or bums.

The only fight that stands out to me is Kessler. But again, who'd he beat? A weight drained Mundine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      We know that already Vato...we know
                      What we do you speak of? lol you and your other Alts?

Comment

Working...
                      X