Are we over hyping Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    No,, he beat Ortiz which was just as big as the broner fight
    Indeed. Ortiz was huge, he came out to that fight big, full of confidence. Maidana was just a stepping stone and just on pure bolder size balls he stunned everyone.
    In many ways I think Maidana broke Ortiz. He just wasnt the same person after that fight. That abiltiy to break people, even in defeat like against Khan, he just leaves a mark for sure. That makes him a very dangerous boxer and one to remember.

Comment

were we overhyping broner?

Comment

I don't think is he over-hyped at all.

Underestimated in reality.

MM is a very dangerous fighter at Welterweight.

Not highly skilled (but improved a lot under Garcia), KO power in both hands, brave, decent chin and good stamina (consider his high work rate).

Beating a true hype job (AB) just gave him some deserved exposure.

He earned his title the hard way, fair play to him.

Comment

maybe being overhyped as a leading floyd opponent, but at the least he would be as good an opponent as ortiz or guerrero for fmj...

Comment

Chino is solid....I enjoy his fights, he always bring it....nothing but respect for that warrior!!

The fans wanna see him fight Floyd because he beat up a fighter THEY claimed was over hyped....they rush the polls before but afterwards they'd discredit Floyd for shutting Chino out.....right now Chino is being over hyped....anyone who gets beat CLEARLY by Devon won't win a round against the King of the Science imo

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Couldnt we say he has lost all his biggest fights in his career with the exception of the Broner fight? When at this point, we don't even know if Broner is...

Is this fare to say?
              Maybe but I cant see Khan fight Floyd. Its the lesser of two evils. Floyd could have picked a more viable opponent. Its pretty sad Khan was Floyd's number option for all these months.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy-101 View Post
                What happened to that attitude when he got dropped by Ortiz twice, Dropped by Khan, outpointed by both Kotelnik and Alexander. Look at the wins he has and tell me one pure boxer he has beaten, and please don't mention the poor mans over hyped version of Floyd
                so he folded after he got dropped, is this what you're saying? he didn't go on to make ortiz quit and almost KTFO'd khan late in the fight?

he has close points losses vs khan, kotelnik and destroyed broner, a 5:1 favorite and someone who apparently has that "****" you can't teach but it's cool to discredit him now i guess.

Comment

Yeah he is being hyped up a little bit. But he does have one of the best resume's at 140-147 barring Floyd and Pac surprisingly.

He beat:

Ortiz
                  Broner
                  Lopez
                  Karrass

All solid fighters. Compare that to say, Guerrero who has only beaten Berto. Or Thurman who although hasn't had the opportunities only has Karrass. Better than Alexander as well, who's won a few fights via robbery.

Comment

Perhaps a bit but not as bad as some other fighters. I think if he fought Devon now it would be a totally different fight. Maidana isnt elite but he has improved substantially under Garcia and is now comfy at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X