No announcement yet.

Canelo in his best fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo in his best fights

These are the 5 best opponents Canelo fought. Let's look at how he did against them...

1: Mayweather (Canelo got absolutely clowned in this fight. It was one of Mayweather's easiest fights in years)
    2: Lara (It was a close fight, but Canelo deserved a draw at best. To me, this fight belonged to Lara)
    3: Trout (It was a close fight, but Canelo deserved a draw at best. To me, this fight belonged to Trout)
    4: Cotto (Canelo won a competive fight. It was kinda disappointing that he had to struggle against Cotto, who had done nothing for years and lost more convincingly to Trout. Some even think Cotto won the fight)
    5: Kirkland (Kirkland was a bit shot, with not having fought for years and all, and while Kirkland was never that impressive to begin with, the knockout looked cool)

In general... For his age, Canelo has done good, but is there really so much to be impressed about?
    Last edited by TheBoxingXpert; 05-06-2016, 08:05 AM.

And if anyone claims that Canelo won against Lara and Trout, please show the RBR scores you had, don't be one of the typical fans who just can't stand to see interesting non-black fighters lose to less interesting black fighters who just happen to be better.

Comment

He had him winning in both the Lara and Trout fights.

Comment

He beat Lara....Lara didn't do anything in that fight. It was a pathetic performance by him.

Trout kind of got screwed by the open scoring, etc. That fight seemed like a big set up. But Canelo did drop Trout, which probably made it at least a draw in my opinion.

Comment

I was really unimpressed with his victory over Cotto. He won but didn't even hurt Cotto. What's so impressive about getting a decision over a past prime Cotto? We saw Margs & Pac beat a prime Cotto into submission and Trout decision a prime Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            I was really unimpressed with his victory over Cotto. He won but didn't even hurt Cotto. What's so impressive about getting a decision over a past prime Cotto? We saw Margs & Pac beat a prime Cotto into submission and Trout decision a prime Cotto.
            I love Cotto's style more than Alvarez, but I hate when people downplay Cotto's power at LMW+

EVERYBODY knows Cotto's hook is a dangerous one if it's accumulative and precise. That goes the same when landed on the body or his combos like a bean bag to Alvarez' body. Alvarez' body became pinkish if I recall. Alvarez is young and well conditioned. That's what's expected to him. That's what gamblers need.

As far as Cotto not ''even hurt'' is a far stretch. Cotto ringed around as he was trained to do for good reason and moved more elegantly than he did vs Martinez or Geale. Be it the 155 agreement.

I still see Cotto having some great fights to come.

However, and for example, this speed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liN-gHrOX-Q&t=6m19s

That's fast as hell at the weight coming in fight night... I see Alvarez picking spots on Lil'G all 12 rounds easy UD for Alvarez. Lil'G doesn't move around like Cotto, and I'll bet Lil'G is not going to press forward like in his other fights. they will say, ''Lil'G didn't press forward...''

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              These are the 5 best opponents Canelo fought. Let's look at how he did against them...

1: Mayweather (Canelo got absolutely clowned in this fight. It was one of Mayweather's easiest fights in years)
              2: Lara (It was a close fight, but Canelo deserved a draw at best. To me, this fight belonged to Lara)
              3: Trout (It was a close fight, but Canelo deserved a draw at best. To me, this fight belonged to Trout)
              4: Cotto (Canelo won a competive fight. It was kinda disappointing that he had to struggle against Cotto, who had done nothing for years and lost more convincingly to Trout. Some even think Cotto won the fight)
              5: Kirkland (Kirkland was a bit shot, with not having fought for years and all, and while Kirkland was never that impressive to begin with, the knockout looked cool)

In general... For his age, Canelo has done good, but is there really so much to be impressed about?
              So Mayweather clowned Canelo, but Canelo is not that good? Are you taking away from Floyd or Canelo in this thread? If Canelo lost to Trout and Lara I guess Floyd took the easier of the 3 fights. No wonder Floyd doesnt fight other Black guys, they are to good, its easier to pick on the Messicans...

Comment

OP conveniently leaves out Canelo's performance vs Joseito Lopez. Canelo was a god that night.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  I love Cotto's style more than Alvarez, but I hate when people downplay Cotto's power at LMW+

EVERYBODY knows Cotto's hook is a dangerous one if it's accumulative and precise. That goes the same when landed on the body or his combos like a bean bag to Alvarez' body. Alvarez' body became pinkish if I recall. Alvarez is young and well conditioned. That's what's expected to him. That's what gamblers need.

As far as Cotto not ''even hurt'' is a far stretch. Cotto ringed around as he was trained to do for good reason and moved more elegantly than he did vs Martinez or Geale. Be it the 155 agreement.

I still see Cotto having some great fights to come.

However, and for example, this speed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liN-gHrOX-Q&t=6m19s

That's fast as hell at the weight coming in fight night... I see Alvarez picking spots on Lil'G all 12 rounds easy UD for Alvarez. Lil'G doesn't move around like Cotto, and I'll bet Lil'G is not going to press forward like in his other fights. they will say, ''Lil'G didn't press forward...''
                  He's getting punched so of course he was hurt at some point during the fight. But at no point during the fight did I think Cotto was ready to be put down. I'm sorry but I just wasn't impressed. If you're supposed to be there next big thing in boxing, a young hungry lion, you should dispatch these old dudes. That's how you become the king. Make the old Kings retire.

Comment

The Mayweather match was a joke.

He beat Lara.

He should've drawn vs Trout.

He beat Cotto, not impressively, but he got the job done

Comment

Working...
                    X