No announcement yet.

Is being margarito tough a dying breed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Young kids emulate Floyd because he is a complete fighter. WHy would a young kid want to emulate a face first cheater?

The sports needs less average punching bags like Margs and more complete fighters like Floyd.

Of course these kids should fight like a younger Floyd, not Floyd at 38.
    Almost complete he has no power

Comment

"Margarito tough" isn't a thing. There's how tough Margarito is and how tough everyody else is. That's it.

Comment

Screw that man, If I had a choice and had to be aggressive I'd rather fight like Marcos Maidana. He has a defense while coming forward which is even RARER than being 'tough'. Being 'tough' requires less skill than having to come forward AND making your opponent miss. It's so unique that Maidana is the most exciting fighter imo. I'd also prefer seeing Floyd than just a face-first brawler who has no skill. That's why I hate watching fights on TV Azteca it's just no-skill slugfests. Sometimes both such so bad they can't even hurt eachother because they gas out before 4 rounds lmao.

Comment

Just being tough doesn't cut it anymore, it just means you'll take more punishment for a L. Margarito had excellent stamina to go with his toughness which is why he was successful.

Comment

I think being Margarito tough has usually been the exception to the rule rather than the rule.

Comment

Margarito, Provodnikov, and Hatton?

You mean guys who block punches with their faces Rocky-style?

Comment

Working...
              X