Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a CW be acceptable for a Loma-Walters fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    Loma beating Walters >>> Loma beating Selby/Cuellar.
    That's what I'm saying... As a fan, who cares if he unifies the titles...to each is own.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      If he can make 126 fight at 126 if he can't make 126 then meet in the near future at 130 or 135

Fans act like some of these new fighters are near retirement like Mayweather and Pacquiao and they must fight now because they're running out of time or something.
      Things can happen between now and the near future. No guruantee this would be a fight people want to see a few years from now

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
        Things can happen between now and the near future. No guruantee this would be a fight people want to see a few years from now
        Exactly. Why not fight now? Why wait? Tomorrow's not promised. Get it while you can.

Comment

I guess my concern here is that if Lomachenko moved up to 130 for the fight (and I don't doubt for one second that he would) he'd be giving up a lot of weight against a bigger, stronger puncher. Skills pay the bills, but Walters might outweigh him by 25-30 lbs on fight night.

On the other hand, if the fight's at 126, Loma may not get credit for beating a skeleton that somewhat resembled Nicholas Walters.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
            I guess my concern here is that if Lomachenko moved up to 130 for the fight (and I don't doubt for one second that he would) he'd be giving up a lot of weight against a bigger, stronger puncher. Skills pay the bills, but Walters might outweigh him by 25-30 lbs on fight night.

On the other hand, if the fight's at 126, Loma may not get credit for beating a skeleton that somewhat resembled Nicholas Walters.
            That's why they meet in the middle. 128. That's the sacrifice good fighters need to make to get in the ring with each other. No excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              That's what I'm saying... As a fan, who cares if he unifies the titles...to each is own.
              It is what it is. Loma against any current featherweight champ would simply be a televised sparring session.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                It is what it is. Loma against any current featherweight champ would simply be a televised sparring session.
                Simone ese, simone.

Comment

I think catchweights can be fine though they tend to be abused. But that being said, Walters might be too big even for 130 imo..making a fight with Lomachenko unlikely. Won't be too long before we see Walters at lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
                    As long as it's not for Loma's belt.

Maybe 128?

I'd really like to see this fight, but obviously Walters can longer comfortably make 126 lbs.
                    yeah cuz loma fought at lightweight in the amateurs...

Comment

128 lbs would be fine with me. it kind of sucks that it won't be a unification any more, but it's still an excellent match-up

Comment

Working...
                      X