No announcement yet.

Cotto will never be able to beat Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto will never be able to beat Pacquiao

If by some miracle that Cotto accepts a fight for his 160lb Title, which would give Pacquiao a 9th belt and a Fifth Lineal Title(a record that will never be beaten in the history and future of mankind).. he would never be able to beat Pacquiao.

Roach knows Cotto too well now, and Cotto knows it. He knows that he isn't just fighting one killer in there, he's fighting two. One of those killers knows him better than he knows himself. The other killer knows how to break him down because he's done it already.

Cotto lost the mental battle before he lost the physical battle in the first fight, and Pacquiao went to work.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-21-2014, 11:22 PM.

I think anything over 150 and cotto is much more dangerous... Plus manny has aged and isn't the whirlwind he was in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I think anything over 150 and cotto is much more dangerous... Plus manny has aged and isn't the whirlwind he was in 2009.
      Size matters but Pacquiao has already been in the ring with the guy. Cotto won't have anything he hasn't already seen. He'll just be a little bigger and stronger this time. Maybe Slower too.

The biggest difference is that Roach knows exactly how to attack Cotto and Pacquiao will work on the game plan over and over in camp and execute a dominant fight.

The opposite can't be said. Roach knows how to attack Cotto, but Cotto doesn't know how to attack Pacquiao.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-21-2014, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Cotto thinking of a Manny rematch?

Comment

thanks for the info. i don't think there first fight was clear enough, but you've convinced me.

Comment

IMO, its their styles that keeps Manny ahead.

It works both ways that both know more about the other within their camp/gym.

Comment

This is why I don't get the arguments with the catch weights... Manny beats Cotto at any weight and Money beats Canelo at any weight too... Yet they both get discredited... I don't think catch weights don't matter obviously Dawson would have had a better chance had he fought in his own weight division against ward, but it's not like any of them, Dawson Cotto, or Canelo, would have had a different outcome...

Comment

Will Pacquiao ever fight Cotto at 150, let alone 154?

Or will he drain him back down to 145, a weight class Cotto doesn't come close to belonging in?

Comment

Originally posted by beerbelly14 View Post
                  Will Pacquiao ever fight Cotto at 150, let alone 154?

Or will he drain him back down to 145, a weight class Cotto doesn't come close to belonging in?
                  We'll see what happens. Wether Arum or Team Pac or the public goes after the fight or not. I don't see Team Cotto wanting the fight. Especially because he'll have no team. Roach has always said when it comes down to it, pac is his dude.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    We'll see what happens. Wether Arum or Team Pac or the public goes after the fight or not. I don't see Team Cotto wanting the fight. Especially because he'll have no team. Roach has always said when it comes down to it, pac is his dude.
                    I guess we'll never know if Pac can beat a healthy, manageable Cotto then. For now all we know is that he can beat a drained zombie version of Cotto. That's good enough for Pac fans though.

Comment

Working...
                    X