This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
    You're clearly ******ed. boxing is screwed? GSP IS GONE, Anderson is GONE! Ronda Rousey is the UFC star now. Dana said so himself. She sold 340k ppv's. UFC IS screwed not boxing.

Have you heard of Canelo? He is a HUGE star. When boxing starts relying on Women fighters as their biggest PPV stars like MMA you can tell us how it's screwed. Until then just stop shilling for the UFC. Oh I mean the WUFC. The Women's Ultimate Fighting Championship.
    Why do you have such a problem with a female fighter being a top draw? How is that a bad thing. As long as they have a top draw, it doesn't matter what gender they are. Yeah I heard of Canelo. Has he done huge PPV numbers with an opponent other than Mayweather? Casual boxing fans don't know who he is. Clearly ******ed? At least I don't waste my time on a forum for a sport I hate or no longer enjoy, like you clearly do. Unless Mayweather or Pacquiao is fighting someone, boxing usually does between 700k to 1 million viewers among mostly hardcore fans. I guess by your line of thinking, it must be dying then. Unless there's a report of the UFC folding, you really don't have a leg to stand on here. If it does though, feel free to come back here and gloat so you can look even more pathetic than you already do.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Why do you have such a problem with a female fighter being a top draw? How is that a bad thing. As long as they have a top draw, it doesn't matter what gender they are. Yeah I heard of Canelo. Has he done huge PPV numbers with an opponent other than Mayweather? Casual boxing fans don't know who he is. Clearly ******ed? At least I don't waste my time on a forum for a sport I hate or no longer enjoy, like you clearly do. Unless Mayweather or Pacquiao is fighting someone, boxing usually does between 700k to 1 million viewers among mostly hardcore fans. I guess by your line of thinking, it must be dying then. Unless there's a report of the UFC folding, you really don't have a leg to stand on here. If it does though, feel free to come back here and gloat so you can look even more pathetic than you already do.
      UFC's current top draw sells 340k. While boxing's top draw sold over 2.1 million.

I don't care if the UFC has to rely on women to be relevant. But some posters were trying to deny that women are the top draw of the UFC. When the numbers say different.

It's just a fact that your company is hurting when women are the only thing currently selling.

If boxing relies on women to move ppv's it would be dead.
      Last edited by ( . Y . ); 04-19-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Yeah but that's boxing. And just because it relies on women to sell more PPVs doesn't mean it's dying. Just like the fact that because there are a lot fewer casual boxing fans today than there have been since the '90s doesn't mean boxing is dying either. More casuals today in the US can probably name UFC champions then they can undisputed or lineal champions in boxing. Doesn't mean it's dying because boxing still has rabid fan bases in places like Mexico, Puerto Rico, Germany, Agentina and Canada (esp. Montreal where Pascal lives and fights). That also doesn't mean someone who continues to dominate might not start to increase PPV numbers for the UFC in the future. It just means it's less popular. Now if you start to see huger nosedives in ratings and buys, I could see it folding or being sold off. Hell, the Fertitas almost did sell until the first Ultimate Fighter season saved them.

Comment

And if anything kills the UFC, it would be the lack of finishes in their fights, over saturation or the hubris of Dana White, possibly all 3.

Only 4 out of 13 fights finished inside the distance tonight. If that keeps up, I could see fans tuning out.

Comment

You guys also need to remember, the UFC market the hell out of Ronda Rousey and her cards are usually pretty stacked. Lets see how she'd do if the UFC didn't put as much money behind her or if she had to carry a whole card on her own like Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              You guys also need to remember, the UFC market the hell out of Ronda Rousey and her cards are usually pretty stacked. Lets see how she'd do if the UFC didn't put as much money behind her or if she had to carry a whole card on her own like Pac.
              Exactly, her debut had Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida co-headlining, her second fight was co-headlining the with Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman, and her third originally had the Light-Heavyweight debut of Daniel Cormier and long-time draw Rashad Evans.

Also, her first fight in the UFC was against a woman who not even the most hardcore fans knew about, and her second was against a woman she already beat, and her third showed that she'd become more than a one trick pony when she took the still-green McMann out with a body shot - something that her coach said she'd been doing to WBC Champions and sparring partners before the fight happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Yeah but that's boxing. And just because it relies on women to sell more PPVs doesn't mean it's dying. Just like the fact that because there are a lot fewer casual boxing fans today than there have been since the '90s doesn't mean boxing is dying either. More casuals today in the US can probably name UFC champions then they can undisputed or lineal champions in boxing. Doesn't mean it's dying because boxing still has rabid fan bases in places like Mexico, Puerto Rico, Germany, Agentina and Canada (esp. Montreal where Pascal lives and fights). That also doesn't mean someone who continues to dominate might not start to increase PPV numbers for the UFC in the future. It just means it's less popular. Now if you start to see huger nosedives in ratings and buys, I could see it folding or being sold off. Hell, the Fertitas almost did sell until the first Ultimate Fighter season saved them.
                See my new thread, ratings ARE nose diving. Dont say I didnt warn you with facts and numbers.

Comment

We got Womens 135 and 115, get ready for the UFC womens heavyweight division!

Comment

Working...
                  X