Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see people cant stop talking about khan

keep it up haters

Comment

yeah WE KNOW for the KAZILLIONTH time !! what happened wasnt good. I think Amir really wanted to fight Maidana but Roach and Team Khan dont want Amir to fight a big puncher again/yet. They know they can make millions of dollars with him and arent willing to risk a "dangerous" fight for such little financial reward. Business-wise it all makes sense.

The JMM situation you explained makes a lot of sense and could very well be true. Still, if JMM doesnt decide to fight Hatton next your theory can be flushed down the toilet.

I dont wanna see Amir fighting Paulie because 1: he will get no credit by beating him and 2: this fight is gonna be ugly cus of Paulie's slickness. Amir wont look good by missing alot of punches. I hope he does look good but I dont think he will.

Comment

[QUOTE=wazaa.;

The JMM situation you explained makes a lot of sense and could very well be true. Still, if JMM doesnt decide to fight Hatton next your theory can be flushed down the toilet.

.[/QUOTE]

wazaa, No my theory is not flushed down the toilet. I wrote

"I see the real possibility that Marquez ends up fighting Hatton"

This is an option,the big money option but there are plenty of other fights out there at lightweight for Marquez. Katsidis makes sense,Marquez would be favored in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
          wazaa, No my theory is not flushed down the toilet. I wrote

"I see the real possibility that Marquez ends up fighting Hatton"

This is an option,the big money option but there are plenty of other fights out there at lightweight for Marquez. Katsidis makes sense,Marquez would be favored in that fight.
          lol JMM is not gonna be in the sport much longer and you want him to fight Katsidis?!?! he will make peanuts from that fight if you compare it to a fight with Khan or Hatton. PEANUTS. At this stage of JMM's career he should be looking for big money fights so he can retire with enough money in his bank account for the rest of his life.

Comment

With Marquez now airing his misgivings ONLY after Maidana is contactually tied up makes me think there was no real intention of Golden Boy ever making the fight.
            I think we may well all be being scammed here it was consideration that I felt could be going on when I first heard of the Marquez Khan fight particularly when the Hatton Marquez fight was being talked about just before. There is no question Golden Boy don't want Khan to fight Maidana so how do you get out of the mandatory without making Khan look like a *****? You "look" like you are fighting a better fighter(Marquez) tie up the mandatory Maidana into a contract where you have a 2 to 3 fight space by leveraging Golden Boys and HBO's influence then set him up with fights where he can lose (Maidana Cayo being the first of these) that way Khan may never have to fight him. Once Maidana has been contractually tied up surprise surprise fellow Golden Boy fighter Marquez starts getting cold feet. If the fight falls out of bed "brave" Khan who wanted to fight Marquez is left without an opponent and is now in a position to take on a feather fisted made to order opponent completely consistent with his padded and media controled and hyped career so far . Both Khan and Marquez get loads of free publicity which is great as far as Golden Boy is concerned and Khan is completely off the hook with Maidana. How convenient.
            Hatton has very strong commercial ties to Golden Boy he was supposedly in negotiations with Marquez for a fight . Surely a Khan Marquez fight would throw a spanner in the works for any Hatton Golden Boy future deals. That never felt right to me.
            Don't be surprised if the Marquez Khan fight falls out of bed and we see Khan take another made to order opponent for his US debut and maybe a series of them. In the mean time watch Maidaina run the gauntlet fighting tough challengers who are good boxers just to get the chance to fight Khan for the title a chance had he stuck to his guns he could have forced now .
            Surely tyeing up a deal when both fighters that are in your stable (Khan and Marquez) has to be a lot easier to do than getting an outside fighter to relinquish by postponing his mandatory rights? They manage to get the outsider Maidana tied up but can't get their own **** together at Golden Boy. It stinks,the whole thing stinks.I see the real possibility that Marquez ends up fighting Hatton and Khan fighting someone who suits him down to the ground. We may well all be being played and scammed or Khoned or am I being too cynical.
            Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              yeah WE KNOW for the KAZILLIONTH time !! what happened wasnt good. I think Amir really wanted to fight Maidana but Roach and Team Khan dont want Amir to fight a big puncher again/yet. They know they can make millions of dollars with him and arent willing to risk a "dangerous" fight for such little financial reward. Business-wise it all makes sense.

I dont wanna see Amir fighting Paulie because 1: he will get no credit by beating him and 2: this fight is gonna be ugly cus of Paulie's slickness. Amir wont look good by missing alot of punches. I hope he does look good but I dont think he will.
              Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              lol JMM is not gonna be in the sport much longer and you want him to fight Katsidis?!?! he will make peanuts from that fight if you compare it to a fight with Khan or Hatton. PEANUTS. At this stage of JMM's career he should be looking for big money fights so he can retire with enough money in his bank account for the rest of his life.
              Hatton is the prime option but he is so overweight I can see it may take him an eternity for him to shed enough blubber to make the fight forcing Marquez to look elsewhere due to time considerations. They may want a soft tune up before cashing in for the final payday pension plan.

Comment

Khan is glass chinned! Maidana would mess him up

Comment

With Marquez now airing his misgivings ONLY after Maidana is contactually tied up makes me think there was no real intention of Golden Boy ever making the fight.
                  I think we may well all be being scammed here it was consideration that I felt could be going on when I first heard of the Marquez Khan fight particularly when the Hatton Marquez fight was being talked about just before. There is no question Golden Boy don't want Khan to fight Maidana so how do you get out of the mandatory without making Khan look like a *****? You "look" like you are fighting a better fighter(Marquez) tie up the mandatory Maidana into a contract where you have a 2 to 3 fight space by leveraging Golden Boys and HBO's influence then set him up with fights where he can lose (Maidana Cayo being the first of these) that way Khan may never have to fight him. Once Maidana has been contractually tied up surprise surprise fellow Golden Boy fighter Marquez starts getting cold feet. If the fight falls out of bed "brave" Khan who wanted to fight Marquez is left without an opponent and is now in a position to take on a feather fisted made to order opponent completely consistent with his padded and media controled and hyped career so far . Both Khan and Marquez get loads of free publicity which is great as far as Golden Boy is concerned and Khan is completely off the hook with Maidana. How convenient.
                  Hatton has very strong commercial ties to Golden Boy he was supposedly in negotiations with Marquez for a fight . Surely a Khan Marquez fight would throw a spanner in the works for any Hatton Golden Boy future deals. That never felt right to me.
                  Don't be surprised if the Marquez Khan fight falls out of bed and we see Khan take another made to order opponent for his US debut and maybe a series of them. In the mean time watch Maidaina run the gauntlet fighting tough challengers who are good boxers just to get the chance to fight Khan for the title a chance had he stuck to his guns he could have forced now .
                  Surely tyeing up a deal when both fighters that are in your stable (Khan and Marquez) has to be a lot easier to do than getting an outside fighter to relinquish by postponing his mandatory rights? They manage to get the outsider Maidana tied up but can't get their own **** together at Golden Boy. It stinks,the whole thing stinks.I see the real possibility that Marquez ends up fighting Hatton and Khan fighting someone who suits him down to the ground. We may well all be being played and scammed or Khoned or am I being too cynical.
                  Co sign and Green K!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X