Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella Thrilled With Wilder-Szpilka Crowd, Praises Polish Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella Thrilled With Wilder-Szpilka Crowd, Praises Polish Fans

The announced attendance of 12,668 for Deontay Wilder’s knockout of Artur Szpilka was the second-most for boxing at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, behind only the announced 13,048 who showed up to see Danny Garcia against Zab Judah.

[Click Here To Read More]

That good , Damn boxing need a good Polish fighter then so we can have big crowd in new york

Comment

Was a good crowd and Polish fans are certainly holding it down.

Comment

When I first heard over 12,000 in attendance. I was like, Wilder doesn't have any real fans outside Alabama. Then I remember that Szpilka was polish and polish fans always support their fighters to the fullest.

Comment

Dibella must be happy thinking his a real promoter now and **** lol. But that crowd was crazy. I didn't think the polish boxing community was that good. I expected a bunch of empty seats and some with free tickets going for wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
            Dibella must be happy thinking his a real promoter now and **** lol.
            Stop it. DiBella ran HBO boxing for like a decade or whatever. He can run a successful fight promotion in his sleep.

Respect to the Polish fans. I wish more American fans were as supportive as Polish, Euro & Mexican fans.

Comment

This is why I think PBC dropped the ball by not putting Chavez Jr vs. Fonfara in Chicago.

That crowd would have been fire with all the Mexican and Polish fans that would have packed the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
                Dibella must be happy thinking his a real promoter now and **** lol. But that crowd was crazy. I didn't think the polish boxing community was that good. I expected a bunch of empty seats and some with free tickets going for wilder.
                the guy was very successful running HBO and he's an excellent promoter. hell, he was able to promote malignaggi even though he never had any power or a crowd pleasing style. he also build up sergio martinez when he was virtually unknown in the states. dibella's problem is that he couldn't offer his fighters the kind of money top rank and gbp could. haymon takes care of that now

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  This is why I think PBC dropped the ball by not putting Chavez Jr vs. Fonfara in Chicago.

That crowd would have been fire with all the Mexican and Polish fans that would have packed the place.
                  Don't worry they're gonna make up for it having Thurman-Porter in Connecticut lol....

Comment

He shouldn't take his girlfriend to anymore fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X