No announcement yet.

For those who say "now we know why Floyd didn't fight PAC"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
    I can't make sense of anything you wrote.
    I tried to summarize the whole debacle and failed....

Trying to make that statement by Freddie as an admission of somekind is a reach....

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Here's why. The experts think that Manny is this world wind brawler who cannot adjust. The experts continue to disrespect his mature style he has grown into. Floyd is this perfect counter-puncher with excellent form and does everything right. Furthermore, when you have a BIG mouth, people tend to start listening quicker than if you were silent. Manny is religious, he's polite, quiet, and always smiling. He carries himself with class and dignity. He respects every opponent and isn't interested in "hype" AT ALL. He is a true throwback who just wants to fight. Floyd is the 2PAC of boxing. People believe everything he says. So that's why the experts say that. Manny beat a top P4P fighter and Floyd struggled with an 18-1 underdog. Bradley is fast, black, athletic, has great stamina, will, and has turned into a good counter-puncher as well. Maidana is a come forward, power-punching fighter who respects no one. He was able to hit Floyd to the body, jab his face, counter him a couple times, and Maidana is SLOW. How great is he? Who's win was more impressive, REALLY? Still Manny, because he is quiet and got cheated by Roidquez, continues to get disrespected the masses. I think that Maidana is only slightly better than Rios. Rios has the better chin, without question. Manny beat him up and did it with pure SKILL. He would do the same to Maidana BUT he would KO him. Maidana wouldn't tough Manny because of Manny's intelligence, foot speed, legs, hand speed, and POWER. He'd disfigure Maidana's face. Floyd is his own boss and doesn't want the fight. He's a LOUD MOUTH racist and Manny is hungrier now and would pay him back for all the things he's unnecessarily said over the years. I give props to the fighter who fights the toughest available opposition and does it with his fists, not his mouth. Floyd is fading fast and he is ready to lose, sooner than later.
      I'm so tired of people disrespecting Maidana. He's been the underdog ever since he moved up in weight and has done nothing but win spectacularly. He also just arguably fought a draw or beat the number 1 PFP fighter in the world.

Comment

im sry, i dont respond to posters w red k

its like tryna hire someone to work for my company (yes i do own my own business) nd they only have an assosciates when im clearly looking for an individual w a masters. lol

floyd lowballed pac, pac told floyd to go take a intro statistics course nd come better nexttime.. yes it was mannys fault didnt happen the first time BC FLOYD LOWBALLED.. if floyd hadnt lowballed fight wouldve been on, so in perspective causa-and-effect its floyd fault to have recieved mannys reaction

my concern is every single time after that floyd dont want none of manny nd for very good reason.. i cant blame floyd hes a smart man, health is important bc who gna feed his family if hes gone. he knows nd we all know, manny would dislocate floyds head nd send that sht flying into the 24th row at the mgm
        but for floyd to KNOW FOR A FACT is health would be guarenteed damaged by fighting manny, tells a lot nd floyd gives manny alotta props by this bold statement. think about that sht

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchDeLaHoya View Post
          im sry, i dont respond to posters w red k

its like tryna hire someone to work for my company (yes i do own my own business) nd they only have an assosciates when im clearly looking for an individual w a masters. lol

floyd lowballed pac, pac told floyd to go take a intro statistics course nd come better nexttime.. yes it was mannys fault didnt happen the first time BC FLOYD LOWBALLED.. if floyd hadnt lowballed fight wouldve been on, so in perspective causa-and-effect its floyd fault to have recieved mannys reaction

my concern is every single time after that floyd dont want none of manny nd for very good reason.. i cant blame floyd hes a smart man, health is important bc who gna feed his family if hes gone. he knows nd we all know, manny would dislocate floyds head nd send that sht flying into the 24th row at the mgm
          but for floyd to KNOW FOR A FACT is health would be guarenteed damaged by fighting manny, tells a lot nd floyd gives manny alotta props by this bold statement. think about that sht
          You write like **** for someone who exclusively hires employees with a Master's degree...

Comment

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
            I tried to summarize the whole debacle and failed....

Trying to make that statement by Freddie as an admission of somekind is a reach....
            Why do you need to analyze all the words?

If action speaks louder that words

Look at who Pacquiao fought and how he fought them

Look at who Floyd fought and how he fought them

It's quite clear who took more risks

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              I'm so tired of people disrespecting Maidana. He's been the underdog ever since he moved up in weight and has done nothing but win spectacularly. He also just arguably fought a draw or beat the number 1 PFP fighter in the world.
              Great post. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeraser View Post
                Why do you need to analyze all the words?

If action speaks louder that words

Look at who Pacquiao fought and how he fought them

Look at who Floyd fought and how he fought them

It's quite clear who took more risks
                I really hope you're not implying that Pacquiao took more risks...

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  People have been saying that since a pressure fighter gave Floyd a tough fight. But manny struggles with a counter punching Juan each and every time. So that must mean PAC will struggle with Floyd right?
                  Many people confuse pressure fighting with volume punching. PAC is much easier to hit than Floyd to the head with lead hands. I don't see the shorter PAC coming in the ring at 165lbs either. Manny has serious issues with right hands and I'd expect Floyd to land them with ease. Id also expect Floyd to easily be able to control the distance with PAC being smaller, shorter and with a short reach. Add to the fact that PAC is more cautious after the KO by JMM, this would be a difficult fight for PAC to win at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                    You are off with your facts...Floyd offered him $40,000,000 JUST before he got sparked by JMM. At this time Floyd was completely re-established as the P4P #1 fighter and had still had more success in terms of ppv then Manny.

As for Pac leaving Arum,it is his choice as MANY other fighters gained more financial success once they left Bob....even JCC, Garcia, etc recently will be leaving Arum because he is not paying good enough. Manny has ran out of rehashed opponents, so whether he fights Floyd or not, he still needs to get more varied opponents-and they are all with Golden Boy atm.

As boxing fans, we should all want Pac to leave Top Rank, because this would open up more exciting fights for him.
                    First of all it was before he fought Bradley. Second, in looking at the last ppvs manny sold 1.3 mill with marquez and floyd sold 1.25 mill with victor Ortiz so I'm not buying that floyd was a big enough star to command 75% of te purse which what the 40 mill offer leaves him. Lastly on leaving top rank, yeah that was extremely successful for cotto right.... Fail!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
                      First of all it was before he fought Bradley. Second, in looking at the last ppvs manny sold 1.3 mill with marquez and floyd sold 1.25 mill with victor Ortiz so I'm not buying that floyd was a big enough star to command 75% of te purse which what the 40 mill offer leaves him. Lastly on leaving top rank, yeah that was extremely successful for cotto right.... Fail!
                      You're forgetting that Pacquiao looked horrible in the 3rd Marquez fight and many thought he lost so he's stocks dropped, especially when facing an undefeated fighter.

But why hang up the phone? Isn't that a **** move to a guy that was willing to call you to make the fight...especially from such a nice guy like Manny Pacquiao. Why not say "Ok Floyd I would like to make the fight too but 40m is a bit low, let's meet somewhere so we can negotiate?" Hanging up the phone in Floyd's face pretty much says he doesn't want to fight.
                      Last edited by fighter1234; 05-09-2014, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X