Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    That was the only thing he did that was unlike him all fight to be fair to Chisora, he sort of ran after Haye and got smacked with a crunching left. Other than that, it was Chisora as he always is.

The reason it looked smarter against Vitali is because Vitali didn't have the speed to catch him coming in. Vitali was doing good work at long and mid-range though, then Chisora started getting in close which reduced that and actually got Vitali tired. Still, other than being tired, it was a fairly easy win for Vitali.
    Well if you watched the fight on BoxNation you can remember commentators discussion how Chisorra's rounds should come (after 6 rounds).

What made the difference was that silly move. Other than that I didn't see Haye hurt Chisorra although he was hitting him clean.

Now I am not saying Haye wouldn't take him out without that move but I am not convinced as he wasn't really near it before that.
    Vitali didn't look too good in fight against Chisorra (for Vitali's standard). It might be due some injury to left shoulder but I don't want to start the discussion about that (he was using his left hand far less than normal).
    If it was Vitali from Adamek fight he would take out Chisorra no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      No, I don't know. Not when you're inventing points. First you said Vitali was on par with Lennox in terms of ability and accomplishments, which you backed off from because both were complete and utter crap. Then you said Vitali dominated the division, which you backed off from because that's utterly false. So I don't know what you mean unless what you mean is that you will keep making **** up to puff up Vitali, a paper champ whose best performance came in a fight where he got stopped halfway through.
      The only point that I've backtracked from was Vitali dominating the division, because I think Wladimir has the better wins. But still Vitali has dominated the opponents he has faced and some of them were top ten. I see Lewis and Vitali as around the same level in ability, that's my opinion.

Comment

• It was a close fight that started out in Vits favor and swung to Lewis. I have little doubt Lennox would have stopped Vittles in the next couple rounds if the fight had continued. Lewis's experience simply trumped Vits prime and youth.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          It was a close fight that started out in Vits favor and swung to Lewis. I have little doubt Lennox would have stopped Vittles in the next couple rounds if the fight had continued. Lewis's experience simply trumped Vits prime and youth.
          I agree on Lennox's experience was crucial. I think it was the matter of time when the judges or doctor would stop the fight. I don't think Lennox would stop him.

Even in 6th round Vitali was landing more. But the damage Vitali was getting to the same place was very worrying and doctor did the right thing. Vitali wouldn't give up and Lennox wouldn't take him out. So there was a good chance for permanent damage to Vitali's eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            The only point that I've backtracked from was Vitali dominating the division, because I think Wladimir has the better wins. But still Vitali has dominated the opponents he has faced and some of them were top ten. I see Lewis and Vitali as around the same level in ability, that's my opinion.
            It is your opinion because it's not based on anything factual.

Comment

It is your opinion because it's not based on anything factual.
              Same as you other than listing opponents they have beaten your other points aren't facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                Same as you other than listing opponents they have beaten your other points aren't facts.
                You're right. We can say anything we like and pretend it's ok. But at the end if the day, Vitali is currently a paper champ while someone else holds the real title in the division. And when it was his chance to step up, he was stopped in six rounds. Invent what you like after to make yourself feel better.

Comment

• vitali was schooling lennox even with the lucky puynch to his eye.

Plus lewis was doing alot of illegal hitting and holding.

Vitali>>>lewis...

Comment

You're right. We can say anything we like and pretend it's ok. But at the end if the day, Vitali is currently a paper champ while someone else holds the real title in the division. And when it was his chance to step up, he was stopped in six rounds. Invent what you like after to make yourself feel better.
                    I'm not trying to make myself feel better. Yeh I'm a fan of Vitali but what I'm saying is reasonable, you're hating on Vitali so you don't wanna give him credit I get it.

What I don't get is why you're discrediting him so much. I've seen people say he isn't top 10 in history, ok but the people with your level of bias I don't get it.

Comment

• Blandly stating he was stopped (by doctor stoppage) after 6 doesn't prove much.
                      I could say Lennox was stopped after 2 against Oliver - but this isn't number game and I wouldn't prove much.

Comment

Working...
                      X