Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa still wants fight w/Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy for him to say that now since Rios has moved up to 140. What's Gamboa gonna do, fight him at 140? Yeah right.

Comment

Rios would hve to catch Gamboa first.

The speed difference in this fight is as big as you will find. Gamboa UD.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Rios would hve to catch Gamboa first.

The speed difference in this fight is as big as you will find. Gamboa UD.
        gamboa is not hard to find.

Comment

After watching some of the punches Alvarado hit Rios with, I can't see Gamboa stopping him.

Gamboa would have to stick and move for 12 rounds, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            gamboa is not hard to find.
            For someoen as slow as Rios, he would be.

I would imagine he'd fight similar to the way he did against Ponce, staying just out of range, using his hand and foot speed to get in, land and get back out. Ponce couldn;t find him all night, I don;t think Rios could either.

I'm not taking size to beat speed and talent.

Comment

Didn't the Rios camp called on the Gamboa camp bluff and the fight didn't get signed?

Why did that fight didn't happen anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                Didn't the Rios camp called on the Gamboa camp bluff and the fight didn't get signed?

Why did that fight didn't happen anyway?
                Cause Gamboa was scared. Rios ran gamboa out of his own town, and gamboa lil brother abril tried to save face for the cubans.

Comment

No doubt Rios would be whooping that ass. Gamboa would have to be on his bicycle the whole 12.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    Cause Gamboa was scared. Rios ran gamboa out of his own town, and gamboa lil brother abril tried to save face for the cubans.
                    That's one way to see it. Another way to see it would be the right way: Gamboa had contractual issues with his promoter, Top Rank, and tried to use the moment to his advantage. It didn't work as planned, but Yuri did get out of his contract, which completely supports my story that this was Gamboa's intention all along. Professional fighters are rarely scared of each other. This isn't some street confrontation they're engaging in.

As for Abril...he did a pretty good job of (further) exposing what a limited fighter Rios really is. Too bad Richie got robbed in one of the worst decisions in recent memory. I'm not a big fan of Abril or his style, but I'll take him on my team any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
                      No doubt Rios would be whooping that ass. Gamboa would have to be on his bicycle the whole 12.
                      If they stood toe-to-toe, yes, Rios "whoops that ass." But this isn't "Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robots". This is boxing. I blazingly fast, skilled, conditioned, athletic boxer can use his abilities to outclass a walk-forward one-dimensional fighter over twelve rounds. And, yes, Gamboa would be pot-shotting and moving for a whole twelve rounds. (En route to a UD, by the way.)

Comment

Working...
                      X