Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr cashes in $4.2 against Fonfara.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez Jr cashes in $4.2 against Fonfara.

Take a look at Julio's check for his efforts against Fonfara. $1.75 from Haymon sports and 2.48 from his deal with Mexico's Televisa network.

$7million for Golovkin, $5 million for following fight if he lost (even against a complete bum), and $10 million if he would have beat GGG.

Bad decision Chavez.

Would have been no shame losing to GGG. Quitting against Fonfara though? Lol

Comment

pretty sure 7 million(+ ppv) is still more than 4.2 but then again i'm not a great businessman like chavez jr

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        $7million for Golovkin, $5 million for following fight if he lost (even against a complete bum), and $10 million if he would have beat GGG.

Bad decision Chavez.

Would have been no shame losing to GGG. Quitting against Fonfara though? Lol
        lol fat puto fcked up big time

Comment

chavez jr needed omar "the businessman" chavez to sit him down and teach him basic math

Comment

I wonder how much he'll have left after taxes and Arum's 7 figure cut.

Could've made a minimum $7 million plus PPV upside vs GGG and another possible $10 million after that. Instead, he just became the Mexican Berto

Comment

Good for him

Comment

This is why HBO ditched that fool Haymon.

Comment

I wonder if Al Haymon is going to be that generous when Chavez wants that much money for his next fight against some 154 pound ESPN fighter moving up to 170 to meet him. I understand Al has been ****ting out money and is the same guy who gives Leo Santa Cruz 750,000 dollars to fight bums but how much money can you really pay Chavez for his next fight? Ticket sales were terrible for this fight and I am pretty sure the numbers are not going to be that good since this fight was up against a the NBA playoffs and Matthysse vs Provodnikov. I really can't see Al being able to justify giving Chavez over a million dollars next time around. Haymon's best bet is using the Chavez win to build up Fonfara as a beast and then sacrificing Fonfara to Beterbiev in an attempt to build a Kovalev like hype for one of his fighters and a Stevenson vs Beterbiev showdown.
                  Last edited by elpinchejuan; 04-19-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Good for him
                    making less money=good for him? i thought boxing was a business or is that just something to say when a fighter doesn't want to fight someone else.

Comment

Working...
                    X