No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I've Studied Golovkin, I Know His Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    He doesn't have to say it. Haymon don't speak so we can only go by his actions which superced anything his fighters say. And his actions are crystal clear none of his guys are allowed on HBO. until I see some haymon fighters allowed on HBO there is no point to take this fairy tale fight serious. I keep asking this and nobody answers everyone knows the riff between haymon and HBO so why ain't Lara calling out haymon top fighters at 154 and 160 that are realistic fights and in theory should be easy to make? Instead calling out fighters on networks haymon doesn't allow his fighters to appear on. That doesn't seem funny to anybody else????
    BINGO al gaymon is banned from HBO.lara is all hot air knowing full well he's safe from ever having to fight ggg because of the HBO vs gaymon feud.lara should focus on the fighters he's allowed to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      He could drop the title today and you guys would still be crying about ducking lol am I wrong?
      We would never hear the end of it. And when Canelo fully moves up to 160 next year and happens to beat GGG in late 2016 May/17... 100 more excuse will come up. GGG fans aren't real boxing fans. If they were they wouldn't be paying to see GGG beat up bartender Pepe Lemuix who Rubio KTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        He could drop the title today and you guys would still be crying about ducking lol am I wrong?
        Not from me. My issue is him dictating terms on the belt. If he drops it and wants to fight where he wants, go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          We would never hear the end of it. And when Canelo fully moves up to 160 next year and happens to beat GGG in late 2016 May/17... 100 more excuse will come up. GGG fans aren't real boxing fans. If they were they wouldn't be paying to see GGG beat up bartender Pepe Lemuix who Rubio KTFO.
          "GGG got old!!" lol I could see it now

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Not from me. My issue is him dictating terms on the belt. If he drops it and wants to fight where he wants, go for it.
            lol you're only 1 fan, there's still 96 more left of yall who have to agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              I'll bet you $$$$ right now they fight before the end of 2016. Nuff said.
              You would lose your money.

Ward needs tune-ups after taking a break, and he needs to take a break after a tune-up.

But hey .. what's the rush?

Comment

• Ok btch, now y don't u go back across the room n keep looking...

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  GGG is making just over $1 million per fight, Cotto and Canelo just shared $20 million.

While it's not Mayweather money, it's still massive money and a massive fight. Far above anything GGG has made.

Canelo, at his oldest fighting age to date, just made 155 with absolute ease. He wasn't remotely drained or dry. He's not having a hard time making weight.

Waiting around fighting poor opposition doesn't do anything for GGG that could equate to a Canelo fight. 2lbs is nothing for a guy who makes 160 easily.
                  1) Cotto was the A-side on the fight and took home 75%. The financials will certainly be different (and less) for a Canelo/GGG clash. GGG is getting like 1m for HBO non-ppv, and got 2.5 IIRC for the Lemieux ppv. Canelo/GGG surely won't be splitting 20m guaranteed.

1b) As WBC interim middleweight champ, GGG is entitled to 45% in the event the fight goes to purse bid. Let's estimate, that if they were to split $10m, GGG gets 4.5m, his highest payday yes. but far less than what he would get from Floyd. If I'm GGG, that's not the sort of money I'm taking to unnecessarily lose 5lb and give my opponent an advantage.

2) When a young fighter is rehydrating over 20lbs between weigh-in and fight night, that's a pretty good indicator that the fighter in question is most likely not fighting in his natural division.

2b) Canelo had been in training camp since June or July in preparation for the Cotto bout. 4/5 month training camp? Who does that? Someone who needs to ensure without a doubt, that they make weight for a big fight. If that's not struggling, I don't know what is.

3) I've already stated why it's more prudent for GGG to wait on Canelo. Adding to what I already said, more fights = more paydays. Personally, I'm not in a rush to see this fight. It doesn't have to happen right away.

3b) GGG's opposition recently, has mostly been ranked contenders. Maybe not big names, but ranked. Daniel Geale was a proven, unified champ, fyi. People like to complain as if GGG's fighting the sort of guys Tyson was during his ascent to heavyweight glory.

Comment

• lara will do what he feels is just enough to win a 115-113 vs GGG when he can clearly do more then ***** about a robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      He doesn't have to say it. Haymon don't speak so we can only go by his actions which superced anything his fighters say. And his actions are crystal clear none of his guys are allowed on HBO. until I see some haymon fighters allowed on HBO there is no point to take this fairy tale fight serious. I keep asking this and nobody answers everyone knows the riff between haymon and HBO so why ain't Lara calling out haymon top fighters at 154 and 160 that are realistic fights and in theory should be easy to make? Instead calling out fighters on networks haymon doesn't allow his fighters to appear on. That doesn't seem funny to anybody else????
                      Yes and if his actions are to turn down a good offer from Golovkin's people then we can place the blame on him.

Until then, the blame rests solely on the Golovkin side for not trying to make the fight happen.

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      If Lara is clearly better, why not just fight them to prove he is worth making a ggg fight?
                      Wow....it's incredible that Lara has to jump through so many hoops to get the fight whereas bums like Munroe are "proven" enough to get a shot.

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      A quarter million dollars extra, which is what beterbiev would probably make in the purse bid, doesn't trump the glory of actually beating kovalev. It's not always about money. Maybe it is for people that don't have any, but a lot of people take pride in doing solid deals for good money, rather than trying to scam a situation. On top of that he wouldn't even get that extra amount because the fight won't even happen for the reasons pointed out earlier.
                      So would you rather fight for more or less money?

Comment

Working...
                      X