• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    lmao.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Basically he threw a b1tch-fit and is saying that he's leaving the board for good.

This man is almost 60 years old.
      Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      He said he's leaving the forum He wanted no parts of it.
      wow,he ducked me harder then ggg is ducking ward,smh

Comment

• I've always said casuals aren't as gullible as people make out, youtube is easily accessible and it's easy to know Lemieux wasn't gonna challenge Golovkin in any way shape or form. But anyone who knocked this PPV got shut down or accused of purchasing Mayweather-Berto even though I aint buy that shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          No, he said 150 is the break even, and 200 would be success. Given all the purses add up to under 4m, that sounds about right
          ya they prob made about 7.8 million on ppv buys considering most but not all would be hd split that in half since ppv distributors get half thats 3.9 i mean 150k is not breaking even cause u got think all money they spent on advertising and everything else. i guess once u factor in the ticket sales. of course its a failure u got to keep in mind they could done it on regular hbo and gotten 10 times the eye balls

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            Yeah, nail in the coffin if 1M is not reached is realistic. If Cotto vs. Canelo doesn't reach that -- that shows even more there's a downtrend in PPV buys.

And being that GGG is still not a superstar, it's unlikely a fight with him will hit 1M too. I think Cotto vs. Canelo has the potential to reach 1M though. But if it doesn't hit, and that's very possible, I think it's safe to say the PPV era is done.

Of course if Mayweather fought Pacquiao in a rematch, it would likely do 1M. But that's a fantasy match. A Canelo rematch is also a fantasy matchup. Pacquiao vs. Canelo is also a fantasy. Same with a Floyd vs Cotto rematch -- fantasy. These fights aren't realistic.

Canelo already had his chance at mainstream super stardom vs Floyd, and he blew it.
            how did you end up in red?

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
              wait wait wtf???this fuckboy ass ***** is ducking my bet????wtf?? someone fill me in i aint reading all that

weak ass ****.
              Didn't his butt buddy 'Golovkin' (username not the fighter) do the same thing in the betting section, not coming though on his bets because he said the guy was mean to him?

Comment

• -Kev- called it all along to, i distinctly remember him saying barcham would not fulfill his portion of the bet if he lost and make up[ a billion excuses or run away in hiding

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  Yeah, nail in the coffin if 1M is not reached is realistic. If Cotto vs. Canelo doesn't reach that -- that shows even more there's a downtrend in PPV buys.
                  Yea we are just gonna need to disagree on this. We'll see doe.

My bottom line is if you put competitive fights on PPV people will buy. When thats not happening & people don't buy, I don't think you can walk away with much meaningful insight about the future of PPV.

Granted I hope you are right. I'm anti-the PPV economy in boxing. I just don't think you are right.

And being that GGG is still not a superstar, it's unlikely a fight with him will hit 1M too. I think Cotto vs. Canelo has the potential to reach 1M though. But if it doesn't hit, and that's very possible, I think it's safe to say the PPV era is done.
                  LOL, PPV era is over, 5 months after the biggest PPV event in history. I love that headline so much I wish it were true. Again just gonna have to agree to disagree. I believe its kinda silly to even suggest after the first 4M buy PPV boxing won't even have another 1M buy PPV.

Of course if Mayweather fought Pacquiao in a rematch, it would likely do 1M. But that's a fantasy match. A Canelo rematch is also a fantasy matchup. Pacquiao vs. Canelo is also a fantasy. Same with a Floyd vs Cotto rematch -- fantasy. These fights aren't realistic.
                  Well no ****. Every fight with Floyd is a fantasy right now cuz he's retired. You asked what Floyd fight does 1M buys if he came back. I don't believe any of those fights are unmakeable if Floyd came back. I'd even suggest its highly possible Floyd coming back could have a Tyson vs McNeeley effect & Floyd vs a subpar opponent might actually do more buys, even 1M, if he's out long enough & the opponent is live or compelling enough.

Canelo already had his chance at mainstream super stardom vs Floyd, and he blew it.
                  LOL more glass half empty silliness, cmon brother. No fan is more negative than boxing fans.

Manny was 27 & had been KTFO twice by the time he had his first PPV & he lost that fight to one of the best fighters in the sport at that time. Floyd was 28 before he had his first PPV fight. Canelo is 25 & was 23 when he lost to the best fighter in boxing. He didn't blow nothing yet.

Comment

• If it's under 150k expect Cotto and Canelo to flat out say no to this guy and vacate or expect them to rape the sh.it out of GGG in the negotiating table 85/15 split. Golovkin groupies were in here hard trying to recruit ppl to buy the garbage PPV

Comment

• Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                      -Kev- called it all along to, i distinctly remember him saying barcham would not fulfill his portion of the bet if he lost and make up[ a billion excuses or run away in hiding

Mods can shut him down for not fulfilling his bet if I'm not mistaken. I thought I saw a rule that if you have the proof you can get him banned. What a p.ussy chicken sh.it he is crying like a girl.

Comment

Working...
                      X