Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of the failure of Grant, Long, Brown, Fields, & Orlov is due to their size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    Truth hurts that either K bro would smash the coke head midget thug mike " the bum blaster " tyson
    I wouldnt go that far.

Comment

yeah, usually they are big, slow, clumsy oafs and often have glass chins

pretty weird, and shows up the whole "kobe bryant would be world champ if he boxed" argument

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        this is very true.

most big men are uncoordinated and have bad technique and skill.

the Klitschko brothers(and Lewis), are very exceptional and way above the norm for big men.

usually being that big is actually a negative.
        Aside from the Klitschko's, Lewis, Bowe, Golota (skill set) name other SHW's that are also elite in terms of skill in Boxing history. Guys like Willard, Buddy Baer, Gerry Cooney. Carnera, Terrell are the closest i can think of but don't qualify in my opinion. There's been no more than half a dozen in over a century of Boxing.

Comment

I see this is in response to another thread but is not it a bad thing if the K-bros size aids them in most of their wins? They use what they were born with and apply a specific technique in the ring based on that.

But their size does play a huge part in the victories.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            yeah, usually they are big, slow, clumsy oafs and often have glass chins
            Yes. Tye Fields showed that again last night.

Comment

Part of the problem with the guys you mentioned in the first post is that nearly all of them came into the game late.

It's not like they were taught at a young age, and continuously worked on their skills while growing.

I think that's one of the big things here.

Promoters see them and think, that's a big dude, he could probably fight or be an attraction, most of those guys started boxing after they grew.

Comment

Tyson Fury is another guy i cant imagine doing that well,i would love too be wrong but he seems like another big clumsy oath,but he is working with Steward,and if he cant help him then nobody can

Comment

and yet all these guys would probabley make great basketball players

Comment

Valuev is sort of an exception to this argument.

He's mundane.

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
                      and yet all these guys would probabley make great basketball players
                      Yes, height and reach are most important in that sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X