Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Matthysse vs Provodnikov Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm truly split on this one - Lucas probably has the better skillset overall but his tendency to go toe to toe could be his undoing against Ruslan.Speed and movement are the keys to beating Provodnikov - anyone trying to stand and trade with him is gonna get hurt.

I really like both guys, probably edging towards Matthysse for the win if he boxes smart, but it genuinely could go either way. Great fight whatever. More of these please!

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Prov would mangle Judah and Alexander.

You sound worried, don't blame ya, Matthysse mania is over if Prov smashes him.
      I'm not sure, he struggles with movers and those two would be running bigtime. The guy took 5 rounds to get old Castillo out and he's not even a mover, he probably gets robbed against Judah and Alexander.

On Matthysse, he signed a 5 year deal, win or lose, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Comment

Real Men posting in this thread! Matthysse v Provodnikov is the FIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I'm not sure, he struggles with movers and those two would be running bigtime. The guy took 5 rounds to get old Castillo out and he's not even a mover, he probably gets robbed against Judah and Alexander.

On Matthysse, he signed a 5 year deal, win or lose, I don't think he's going anywhere.
          Lol Judah and Alexander are flat footed bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            WAR both!! I respect both equally, two of the few real men this sport has left. No running or sissy cowardly "boxing" crap.

This is a man's fight right here. I'm ready for a bloodbath. Extreme violence and aggression, just a psychotic back and forth war all bloodied and beaten up until one of them can no longer continue. Until one can no longer crawl in an attempt to get up.
            What's wrong with Pernell Whitaker?
            The sport of boxing isn't just smash-mouth. It's also finesse.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Lol Judah and Alexander are flat footed bums.
              Provo is pretty flat-footed himself, especially after 4 rounds when his stamina goes and he starts plodding forward without any upper body movement. He would beat Judah and Alexander though.

Comment

Y'all crazy Alexander beats Provo quite easily.....

Matthysse beats Provo

Comment

Very close fight but i chose Ruslan as Matthysse's chin looked suspect in his last fight. Thought Matty could easily blow provo out of there early-mid rounds as he's never faced any power like Matthysse.

Comment

After the Molina fight, Matthysse's the one who's got question marks over his punch resistance. He's a better boxer than Provodnikov but he's not going to be doing much boxing in this one. Ruslan will make it into a war.

Still though, if Ruslan doesn't really break down Matthysse early on, the fight will be fought more and more at the mid-distance where Lucas is superior as it progresses. Ruslan will slow down and he'll be very available as a target for Lucas. It'd hard to imagine Matthysse scoring freely against anyone and not ultimately winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                      Y'all crazy Alexander beats Provo quite easily.....

Matthysse beats Provo
                      No one has beaten Provo easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X