No announcement yet.

Guess you can stop all the ward ducking and only fights in Oakland bs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    You're right, it is a long journey for Ward.

Same amount of time you could drive from New York city to Virginia beach

beside Kov is based in California

Comment

ward about to takea that eurobumms 0,,,, we all noe how this gone turn out,,,,,ward to slick for that robot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
        So now Ward has to fight Kovalev in Russia for it to count?
        No, and it won't be. But I'm not the only one who suggested that. Kovalev is the champion and it's not like it would make no sense having it in Russia, someone like Andrey Ryabinsky would have been willing to stage it.
        Last edited by Weltschmerz; 08-29-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          I'm just curious how many big fights have actually happened in Denmark? Keep pushing those goal posts back though!!
          Nielsen-Tyson, Kessler-Froch... it's not like they can't make big fights here.

Comment

No, and it won't be. But I'm not the only one who suggested that. Kovalev is the champion and it's not like it would make no sense having it in Russia, someone like Andrey Ryabinsky would have been willing to stage it.
            maybe Kovalev want here in the America all but seven of his fights been in America and only three been in russia

Comment

Holyfield actually fought in Denmark too, against Nielsen.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                maybe Kovalev want here in the America all but seven of his fights been in America and only three been in russia
                Kovalev obviously doesn't have a problem with this, I believe he even talked about it's a dream fighting in Vegas and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  He didn't demand home advantage
                  Yes he did refuse to fight outside the USA, it's on the videos Showtime made to promote the series.

He refused to fight Abraham in Germany, and refused to use a referee from a neutral country for Kessler.

There was random PED testing for all Sauerland promoted cards in Germany, as part of their contract at the time with ARD. Ward wanted to avoid it, he needed steroids be strong enough to clamp his opponents arms.

Froch travelled, he fought Kessler in Denmark and Ward in the USA. Everybody was willing to fight in foreign countries except the prima donna Princess Andrea.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    He didn't demand home advantage, he got it against Kessler because of the way the competition was arranged. It was meant to be in a format where fighters would fight alternating home and away. Factor in that Jermain Taylor and Dirrell dropped out and so he took fights against Green and Bika who were not known. The semi finals were all held in the US. Why was Froch vs Glen Johnson held in the US since it would have obviously made more money in the UK. Ask Showtime why they arranged it that way, it's nothing to do with Ward.

It puzzles me that Ward is this guy that no one cares about, that costs the networks millions yet he's able to strong arm everyone to make everything in his favour.

Froch was actually meant to face Abraham in Germany but refused and the fight location was moved to Finland. That's where someone demanded something.

You just get your kleenex ready if Kovalev loses cause you're determined to complain about anything. It will be funny watching you make numerous threads crying about that one clinch that changed the fight loool
                    daaaaaaayuuuum...shoots fired!!!!! ether

Comment

Nielsen-Tyson, Kessler-Froch... it's not like they can't make big fights here.
                      Nielsen-Tyson was a big fight in the name value of Tyson alone. I'll concede to Froch-Kessler. But let's face it, Denmark is not a hotbed of great fight attractions. If there was than why are the same people complaining about Ward not going there to rematch Kessler not complaining about Calzaghe not going there to rematch? Bottom line is most who have said they would respect Ward for taking on Kovalev are finding and making up new reasons to not keep their word. I find that disingenuous.

Comment

Working...
                      X