No announcement yet.

Is Denis Boytsov The Next Big Thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Denis Boytsov The Next Big Thing?

28-0 with 23 KO's. Seem to have alot of potential.

I need to see him in with better competition to be able to answer that correctly.

Taras Bidenko was BoxRec #17 and WBA #7 when Boytsov destroyed him, but I'd like to see Denis in with another couple of top 25 HWs before I can be sure he's the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
      I need to see him in with better competition to be able to answer that correctly.

Taras Bidenko was BoxRec #17 and WBA #7 when Boytsov destroyed him, but I'd like to see Denis in with another couple of top 25 HWs before I can be sure he's the real deal.
      I wonder who he will fight next? Looked great last time out. How about Timur Ibragimov, Oleh Platov, or Hasim Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by GrebvsTunney View Post
        I wonder who he will fight next? Looked great last time out. How about Timur Ibragimov, Oleh Platov, or Hasim Rahman.
        Not sure who Platov is, but him fighting the other 2 would prove nothing at all.

He should fight an Arreola or Adamek level guy.

Comment

with that many pro fights under his belt he's got the most padded record of any pro fighting right now, any pro who is recognizable at least.

i understand he had an injury but it's not like he was doing any big things before he hurt his hand. Most guys with that many pro fights are already defending their titles. Not being harsh just putting it out there.

There's a limit to how much time you can allow your management team to baby you, and in boytsov's case that limit has long been crossed.

Comment

His right hand looked fine last weekend. the bodyshot he stopped the guy with seemed to literally lift the guys feet off the canvas. Hopefully he'll step it up in compitition his next fight or two

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
              Not sure who Platov is, but him fighting the other 2 would prove nothing at all.

He should fight an Arreola or Adamek level guy.
              Oleg Platov is another very good fighter, but strangely, his manager keeps him inactive.

I'd like to see Boytsov-Arreola or Boytsov-Chambers, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in with an older fighter like Mormeck or Rahman first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                His right hand looked fine last weekend. the bodyshot he stopped the guy with seemed to literally lift the guys feet off the canvas. Hopefully he'll step it up in compitition his next fight or two
                Anybody can look like a god against a complete nobody. I aint giving him any credit untill he steps up.

I blame him just as much as i blame the people in charge of his career. Sometimes a fighter needs to come out of his shell and tell his managers that he's sick of feeding on sloppy left overs and wants to have real fights. Boytsov is not fullfilling that responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                  with that many pro fights under his belt he's got the most padded record of any pro fighting right now, any pro who is recognizable at least.

i understand he had an injury but it's not like he was doing any big things before he hurt his hand. Most guys with that many pro fights are already defending their titles. Not being harsh just putting it out there.

There's a limit to how much time you can allow your management team to baby you, and in boytsov's case that limit has long been crossed.
                  I do agree but keep in mind that he is 24 and turned pro as a 200lb 18 year old as a HW. It's time right now 100%. He needs to step up in 2011, fight some top 10 guys and go for a title or my interest is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                    Anybody can look like a god against a complete nobody. I aint giving him any credit untill he steps up.
                    I blame him just as much as i blame the people in charge of his career. Sometimes a fighter needs to come out of his shell and tell his managers that he's sick of feeding on sloppy left overs and wants to have real fights. Boytsov is not fullfilling that responsibility.
                    - I mentioned that as it pertained to his right hand which he just had surgery on. Just saying he didn't favor or go easy with it and was punching full force. I wasn't crediting him with KOing a journeyman.

- Completely agree with the bottom bold.

Comment

Working...
                    X