Ezzard Charles vs Harry Greb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezzard Charles vs Harry Greb

Who do you think would win and why?

Haven't seen any footage of Greb and I seriously doubt no one else on here has either, can't really say.

Comment

Can't do fantasy matchups with Greb. We haven't seen him fight. We know he's great because of who he beat, but we never saw HOW he beat them. Basically we just have to trust what we read.

Also, this fight could happen in 3 weight divisions, as each fighter competed in the same 3 (granted Greb never weighed more than a LHW).

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Haven't seen any footage of Greb and I seriously doubt no one else on here has either, can't really say.
        But many people have seen footage of Gene Tunney,the 2nd greatest light heavyweight of all-time.We know Greb gave away 10-12 lbs when fighting Tunney 5 times,and fighting him evenly over 5 fights.

Comment

At LHW:

Tunney was a master boxer with ok power. Charles was a master boxer with devastating power.

If Flowers had Greb's number, Charles would too.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
            At LHW:

Tunney was a master boxer with ok power. Charles was a master boxer with devastating power.

If Flowers had Greb's number, Charles would too.
            http://coxscorner.tripod.com/greb.html

Check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
              Yea, people think Greb beat Flowers all 3 times. I find it hard to believe a negro would get two gift decisions against a white man of that stature, THAT far back in history.

Flowers also arguably won the first fight depending on who you ask.

Comment

Working...
              X