No announcement yet.

People Went Nuts When Foreman Beat LHW Moorer...They Hate on Vit Tho

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Went Nuts When Foreman Beat LHW Moorer...They Hate on Vit Tho

So whats the difference? Oh, Vitali didnt just land a bolo punch and instead outworked, out-thought, out boxed the former LHW titlist?

I just think its hilarious how people look back at the past as if it was undefeated giants fighting each other in epic slug fests. How about Michael Moorer fighting Evan Fields for the title...in the mid 90's. A former LHW vs an old Cruiser. For a title. Say what you want about Adamek...he didnt win...he didnt come close. Moorer was killing Foreman and had won the title.

In the 70's 180 lbs Bob Foster got 2 title shots. One from Frazier and one from Ali...Golden age. This wasnt a "blown up cruiser" like ali and frazier, no this was a guy getting hw title fights coming in weighing 180 lbs.

Vitali at 40 years old dominated every aspect of that fight. Foreman in his 40's lands a bolo in a former LHW and people say that makes him amazing etc...So whats the deal?

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
    So whats the difference? Oh, Vitali didnt just land a bolo punch and instead outworked, out-thought, out boxed the former LHW titlist?

I just think its hilarious how people look back at the past as if it was undefeated giants fighting each other in epic slug fests. How about Michael Moorer fighting Evan Fields for the title...in the mid 90's. A former LHW vs an old Cruiser. For a title. Say what you want about Adamek...he didnt win...he didnt come close. Moorer was killing Foreman and had won the title.

In the 70's 180 lbs Bob Foster got 2 title shots. One from Frazier and one from Ali...Golden age. This wasnt a "blown up cruiser" like ali and frazier, no this was a guy getting hw title fights coming in weighing 180 lbs.

Vitali at 40 years old dominated every aspect of that fight. Foreman in his 40's lands a bolo in a former LHW and people say that makes him amazing etc...So whats the deal?

I'm sure the fact that a 45 year old man that was TERRIBLY out of shape, was like 15 years removed from his prime had NOTHING to do with the praise he received. GTFO of here.

Comment

I've been saying this for years, people say that Adamek getting a title shot and Evander Holyfield still fighting are signs of how weak the division is. Well then, how weak was it when a 45 year old Foreman actually won THE HW title (unlike Holyfield, who is pretty much irrelevant nowadays) and a LHW actually won the title too (unlike Adamek, who never even came close).

Gotta love their selective memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        I'm sure the fact that a 45 year old man that was TERRIBLY out of shape, was like 15 years removed from his prime had NOTHING to do with the praise he received. GTFO of here.
        So you get more praise for being out of shape, getting worked, and then landing a bolo punch? Vitali took 4 years off due to injury, is 40 years old, and beat a better fighter and didnt lose a round.

Wow a 45 year old 250lbs guy stood in a ring with a LHW long enough that he landed a bolo punch. Vitali's in his 40's too, so he'd get more respect from you if he showed up out of shape, lost rounds and then KO'ed his opponent? Thats what you long to see?

Comment

Maybe people take into account Moorer being much more talented than Adamek, better generally (if with a lesser chin) and having much higher quality wins at Heavy, Foreman being five years older than Klit is now, Foreman fighting a better quality of competition in his career, and Moorer not being the best fighter Foreman ever actually beat.

Some people call it perspective.

It's possible to recognize the Klits are good without resorting to make believe. Just saying.

Comment

Vitali will never get any credit. The fact he made Adamek look a lost soul in there provides us with more evidence he would spark out these small HW's.

Only big men will beat Vitali. Say what you want but Frazier, Liston, Tyson, would probably come stuck at some point. I'm beginning to think the more I watch Vitali fight, the more he beats these small guys.

In accordance to that, the more I watch HW fights, the more the evidence is building to support a good big man will always beat a good small man.

I use think very differently years back. Now I'm beginning to really think Vitali poses hell for these smaller hw's. The evidence is there to support it.

Comment

Is not that Vitali isnt getting credit......did people say Foreman was the greatest HW of all time after he beat Moorer...NO......so why is Vitali proclaimed as the GOAT after beating Adamek.......

Oh and Moorer> Adamek....at least Moorer had the title....

Comment

I think that it's a shame that a fan will try to discredit anyone to back there fighter against the ignorant. Vitali is an atg heavyweight. He could compete & win in any heavyweight era. Just because some are foolish there is no need for you to return the favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                  Vitali will never get any credit. The fact he made Adamek look a lost soul in there provides us with more evidence he would spark out these small HW's.

Only big men will beat Vitali. Say what you want but Frazier, Liston, Tyson, would probably come stuck at some point. I'm beginning to think the more I watch Vitali fight, the more he beats these small guys.

In accordance to that, the more I watch HW fights, the more the evidence is building to support a good big man will always beat a good small man.

I use think very differently years back. Now I'm beginning to really think Vitali poses hell for these smaller hw's. The evidence is there to support it.
                  Exactly. Im a fan of Adamek's, thought hed put up a better fight, but when that bell rang and he stood in front of Vitali for the first time he was shocked and confused. Literally for years theyve been planning on fighting Vitali, taking on challengers to prep for vit etc...and he was shocked. Vitali is huge and when he's in that ring he is fast enough to scare anybody. There are a lot of big guys, but most are slow and plodding and afraid to get hit. Then theres Vitali...whose entire style is baiting you into trying to hit him.

Comment

So you get more praise for being out of shape, getting worked, and then landing a bolo punch? Vitali took 4 years off due to injury, is 40 years old, and beat a better fighter and didnt lose a round.

Wow a 45 year old 250lbs guy stood in a ring with a LHW long enough that he landed a bolo punch. Vitali's in his 40's too, so he'd get more respect from you if he showed up out of shape, lost rounds and then KO'ed his opponent? Thats what you long to see?
                    Vitali is barely past his prime, he also stayed in shape during that break from boxing which is another benefit allowing him to rest his body. You can observe it with your own eyes how little he's fallen off. Foreman on the other hand was horribly out of shape, wasnt half the fighter he used to be he was 5 years vitalis senior
                    . Don't even try to compare their situations. Oh and moorer was just as good as adamek

Comment

Working...
                    X