No announcement yet.

Water-filled heavy bag questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water-filled heavy bag questions?

Why are all water-filled heavy bags only 13" wide? I've shopped online for the last three hours and haven't found a water (water, not a foam+water) heavy bag that was any wider than 13", no matter what the weight. It seems like a 13" heavy bag would be extremely thin, especially as I'm 6'1" and 215 pounds.

I'd order a foam+water heavy bag for the extra width, but I'm thinking that they'd have to ship it in a large box that would jack the shipping cost through the roof. Or is that assumption wrong?

I'm really stuck. Essentially, I'm just looking for a wider water (not water+foam)-filled heavy bag (preferably 15" wide), or I'm looking for someone to just tell me that the 13" wide one isn't as bad/thin as I'm thinking it to be. Or someone to inform me about how a water+foam heavy bag would be shipped.

As a bonus, I'd also like to know the pros and cons of just a purely water-filled bag vs. a foam-lined water-filled bag. I really need a little help on this if anyone can help.

Thanks for your time.

I have a 40x13 water bag and its a dream to hit. I have no problem with the size. Remember that the avg. diameter of big persons head is 8" so 13" isnt that bad.

Comment

Yes, but then you also have to consider the fact that they have a body below that head and I don't think I know anyone with a 13" body. Hmmmm. I dunno. I'm still stuck.

Comment

We have one of these bags at my gym. I love it. It feels good to hit, especially the body shots.

The bag also feels like an as$......in case you were wondering.

Comment

Thanks RTS. Would you say the one you use is 13" wide? And also, do you think it's lined with a layer of foam or is it just purely water with a thin later of material surrounding it? Also, if you can recall- what brand is it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncool View Post
            Thanks RTS. Would you say the one you use is 13" wide? And also, do you think it's lined with a layer of foam or is it just purely water with a thin later of material surrounding it? Also, if you can recall- what brand is it? Thanks.
            I'm not sure, the bag is very skinny and it seems like there is a pretty thick layer around it.....I will look at the bag tomorrow and get back to you.

Comment

Cool, man. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncool View Post
                Cool, man. Thanks a bunch.
                lol I completely forgot about looking at this bag today but then my trainer made me hit it and I remembered lol.

The bag is made by Everlast. It's called Hydro Strike Heavy Bag. I'm not sure the exact inches, diameter, nothing like that but it's a pretty small bag as far as length and height goes but it definitely gets the job done and it's comfortable to hit. Also there is definitely a thick coat of something around the bag but I'm not sure what it is. Try googling Everlast Hydro Strike Heavy Bag, it might be Hydro Shock? I'm not sure lol. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yeah, I gotcha. Thanks, man. Unfortunately I hate nEverlast, so I'm going to go with a Ringside water+foam one but thanks for the help, bro. It's appreciated man. Take care.

Comment

I have never tried these but it seems like you guys are giving it good reviews, I would like to try one out now.

Comment

Working...
                    X