Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you recognize the winners on Sept14 as lineal champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    There once was a time when a fighter only became the "lineal" champion by either beating the lineal champion or unifying all the titles so it is undisputed.
    That shouldn't change.

Mayweather won the lineal welterweight title by beating Baldomir, who beat Judah, who beat C. Spinks etc. At one time all the titles were unified and undisputed.

However neither Alvarez nor Mayweather should be considered lineal light middleweight champ after the fight even if they are considered the best at the weight.
    Yea but how can Mayweather beat Winky Wright?

Comment

If Canelo/Mayweather is for the lineal belt, then Garcia/Matts should definitely be for the lineal belt.

154 lineage: Canelo/Mayweather/Cotto/Trout + plus their respective LMW resumes

140 lineage: Garcia/Matts/Khan/Peterson/Judah + plus their respective LWW resumes

Canelo/Mayweather looks like the beginning of a lineage, while Garcia/Matts looks like the completion of one.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I dont think either fight is for the lineal title

You can't win the lineal title at a catchweight, thats a disgrace to lineal titles

And Pacquiao is the last true lineal champ at 140 when he beat Hatton and as far as I'm concerned, he still is.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

You can't win the lineal title at a catchweight, thats a disgrace to lineal titles

And Pacquiao is the last true lineal champ at 140 when he beat Hatton and as far as I'm concerned, he still is.
          That was like 4 years ago. Damn I was still living in Humblot County at the time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
            Yea but how can Mayweather beat Winky Wright?
            Winky wright was the last lineal champ at the weight but he has the wrong idea of how u establish lineal champs. Its not from being undusupted. Its from the universally accepted two best fighters in the division fighting each other. U do not have to be undisputed for that to happen. There are wayyyy too many paper champions out there who dit in belts, it'd be impossible if that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

How can Pacquiao still be the lineal at 140 if he has not fought at 140 in 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                The lineal catchweight champion?
                exactly !

Comment

For the winner of Lucas-Danny, yes. No for Canelo-Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    How can Pacquiao still be the lineal at 140 if he has not fought at 140 in 4 years
                    Because I go by the true definition of "Lineal Titles" not no made up bull****

And Pacquiao is the only fighter in history to have 4 lineal titles in different weight classes so I know about lineal titles
                    Last edited by Check_hooks; 08-23-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                      at 140 - yes....at 154 - no...canelo only beat trout who beat cotto who barely beat anyone of note at 154...and floyd only beat cotto...

it's a joke that canelo even has the ring belt to begin with...
                      ^^^^^Couldn't have said it better then this guy

Comment

Working...
                      X