No announcement yet.

Do boxers wear contatcs in a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do boxers wear contatcs in a fight?

Well obviously not all boxers have 20/20 vision or even acceptable vision without glasses.

So aint there alot of problems with wearing contacts in a fight? for example being punched in the eye and the contact slipping off or w/e?

I know ill be scared getting lasik as a boxer.

interesting question. I would think there would be far too many complications with contacts, and I dont think I have ever seen any comments or adjustements made to contacts in a corner or anything, so I would have to assume they do not.

Comment

No they don't.

Comment

I wouldn't bet my house on it, but I think that Larry Holmes did it in the latter part of his career.

Comment

Nope, its going to be hard to be a boxer if you werent born with 20/20

Comment

I have been thinking about this to, I wear contacts in sparring but it often happens that one of them gets "punched" out. Offcourse I could spar without contacts but everything gets kinda blurry then and thats kinda annoying. It just kinda feels like I have a better view of my surrounding if I wear the contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
              Nope, its going to be hard to be a boxer if you werent born with 20/20
              lol... so if you don't have 20/20 vision you cant be a boxer? gtfoh.

I think I saw Antonio Margarito with glasses before and he turned out to be an alright boxer aside from the whole plaster thing.

Comment

well i aske because i see professional boxers wearing glasses in interviews.

Floyd was back in the days.
                And i just saw Israel Vazquez with them on in the interview on espn.com

Comment

no they do not. Well not in fights anyways. We would have paused fights all the time because of contacts coming out. Not all Boxers have 20/20 vision. They are boxers they get hit in the head all the time, all that has to mess up your vision. Ask Izzy, margarito and hatton. Dont they wear glasses outside of the ring.

Comment

Nope. Unless theyre Vampires.

Comment

Working...
                    X