Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Be Happy if Mayweather Stays Retired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like it a lot more if he keeps fighting. He may want to go out on the top though, thats understandable.

I just dont want a De La Hoya rematch. There really is no need for it. I thought Mayweather won, and I think the fight would be less exciting than the first...theres no way it could be as hyped up as this one.

He already basically beat the #1 Middleweight...unless you want to call the #1 Cory Spinks. Somehow, I dont think that fight is exactly a huge fight for the fans however...unless hell freezes over and Spinks schools Taylor or something. If Winky would fight him at 154 that would be huge for me too. Otherwise, theres no real reason to stay at 154, and I think 160 is kind of high for him...although I wouldnt mind him giving it a shot.

I think it would be fun for him to fight Mosley and the the 'tournament' winner between Cotto-Judah-Margarito-Williams. personally, I say forget Hatton. I really like Hatton and all, but this fight would only happen if Hatton beats Castillo AND moves up. which probebly aint gonna happen. I like the other options better imo.
    but, I can get why he would want to go out on top...I personally wouldnt count it against him at this point if he DID lose to some guys, but undoubtedly others would, even if it was at 160.
    ________
    Jaguar xk150 specifications
    Last edited by Steak; 02-11-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
      As of now, Mayweather says he is retired. Will you be happy if he sticks to it and we never see him fight again?
      No, because I feel there are other challenges out there for him, and also just because people got a prediction wrong for one fight, doesnt mean they no nothing about the sport

Comment

I was wrong and I dont give a damn.I like both fighters and I had to pick 1.And not getting 1 fight right doesnt mean we dont know **** about boxing.If that was the case the Ray Leonard doesnt neither.

Comment

He's Good For The Sport Of Boxing

Boxing needs Floyd Mayweather right now. After all the publicity created by this fight, he's become a rare household name for the sport. He's at his peak, and has a lot of good years of boxing left in him.

Besides I want to see Hatton put a pounding on him before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
            Floyd hinted at a possible rematch with Oscar, so hold the retirement talk for right now.

But to answer the question, YES, I would love to see Floyd walk away and stay away from boxing as a fighter. It would show that you take as much as you can from boxing with as little damage as possible; walking away "healthy", taking more care of your kids, and doing something else with your life proving that you can/being well rounded.
            Jewish fighters back in the old school days retired early: they fought for a bit, won titles, then retired with their money to do other things in life, like own banks, become Doctors, teachers, etc.

Floyd is 30 years old, there is no going up, only going down in talent. He could fight Cotto and Hatton at 147, but in my opinion, since they refused to fight him already, they lost, so Floyd doesn't have to.
            Both fighters have a chance of beating Floyd, but only because they are pro-fighters, not because they are better, which they are not.

There is Winky Wright, but my problem with Winky fights is that he uses boxing gloves to his advantage, which is to just sit there and hold his big-puffy gloves in the air to protect his skull, popping some jabs, sometimes fighting back, but usually just making boring fights.

Who else is there for an opponent, an opponent that can sell a crowd with Floyd, and not just having Floyd sell the fight?

Shane Mosley? I would like to see this fight, but how much credit would Floyd get for beating him?
            Agree Cotto and Hatton had their chance, Mosely also with my loose tooth go to a dentist ***** excuse. Also who is to say Cotto makes it past Judah or Hatton beats Castillo that is what we and Floyd should wait for. Even though I would love to see Mosley Vs Floyd but Cotto and Hatton would get sliced and Diced. Floyd has no reason to stay in Boxing I hope he has a great time with his kids and whatever else he decides to get involved with.

Comment

Would like to see more of PB...

IMO, Floyd fought well against Oscar, though not the stellar performance he put on against Corrales, which was what I was expecting from him.

Plus, having to defend your status in the sport at every interview get's tiring.

If he does keep fighting, I'd like to see him put on a dynamite showing against
              Hatton, Margarito or Cotto, since that's what many are asking for.

However, I wouldn't want to see him fight and get ko'd like RJJ because he's not motivated enough to fight any more.

A rematch with Oscar won't prove much else.

As hard as he trains, it's bound to take a toll on his body sooner than later.

He's still riding into the HOF on roller skates regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                As of now, Mayweather says he is retired. Will you be happy if he sticks to it and we never see him fight again?
                i don't care!he is not exciting to watch.lol!

Comment

Yes I would like to see mayweather leave and take his $ and invest it into a car wash chain. He could put most of his family and friends to work. Provided he don't lose all his $ on gambiling. He should also try to get a college education so he can relate to the business world and not look and sound like dumb ass rapper. Good luck to the whole Mayweather family.

Comment

He should definitely take on a few more big name fights, really make a case for himself for the Hall of Fame.
                    Don't get me wrong, he's a superb talent and he's going in the HOF but if he wants to be remembered for longer than a few years he needs to hammer it home.
                    Think about who people are talking about 20/30/50 years on. Marciano retired undefeated but is not in anyone's heavyweight top ten because he had no real defining fights against truly great fighters.
                    As to Hatton and Shane being undeserving of fights cause they said no at some point; What ****ing kiddies playground do you think this is?
                    Take the fight, win them for the world to see and collect the lions' share of the money. Hell take on Margharito or whoever's atop the welter division. Winky'll move down to 154.
                    Take them all. Two years down the line retire, then he'll be a true household name. With those names on the resume there's noone who can question the greatness and he can act as much of an ******* as he likes and we'll ALL say 'Yeah, he's a dick, but he's THE BEST!!!!!!'

Comment

Mayweather should not retire. He thinks he's the greatest ever and he obviously hasn't proven it. He's a Hall Of Famer, but he's gotta some more big wins to build a great legacy. I'd be interested in seeing a rematch, but I would like to see Floyd fight Shane. A Oscar-Floyd rematch would be fun. I think Oscar would actually have a good chance. I don't think Floyd would change it up to much for the next fight and I think Oscar would know to use his jab more and would have a shot. I don't think a rematch would be good for Floyd, even if he beat the hell out of Oscar. But Floyd's gotta keep fighting if he wants to build a good legacy. I want to see him fight Mosley.
                      Last edited by DPR; 05-06-2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X