No announcement yet.

Does having small hands affect boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I don't think so. I have girly, feminine hands as well and for my size I pack a punch, and I spar people higher weight classes than me in my gym all the time and people tell me I have power, though I have my own doubts.
    They're lying to you, I've seen you hitting the bag at World Class on Mission. Sorry dude, you lack power.
    Last edited by RocMarciano; 12-20-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

It's not the size or weight of your hands that determine your punching power; it depends on how much of your bodyweight you can transfer into your hands in a short period of time.

Force = Mass x Acceleration. Larger hands could hinder your acceleration potential. Better punching technique (in terms of power) is about effectively transferring more of your bodyweight (mass) into your punches, where at the point of impact upon your targets, your fist is travelling at a high speed, near its highest rate of acceleration. Good trainers tell you to keep your fist and forearm relaxed (i.e., don't tense your arm at all) until your fist is at least half-way to the target. Fast hands are relaxed hands.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I don't think so. I have girly, feminine hands as well and for my size I pack a punch, and I spar people higher weight classes than me in my gym all the time and people tell me I have power, though I have my own doubts.
        but i have a sneaking suspicion that you compensate with LoadedWraps, eh LoadedWraps??
        ha ha

Comment

Working...
        X