Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Floors Salido Four Times In Injury Shortened Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was just starting to get good, too. I hope they fight a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
      Was surprised at how heavy Garcias hands were either that or Salido got old over nite, he however was starting to get to Garcia a bit when the stoppage occured
      Salido's never had the strongest chin, a good one but not great, and he's shown less punch resistance lately. Not a huge surprise, but still a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Anyone that thinks Salido was headed towards a win is outta their freakin mind. He was just charging, throwing wild ass punches, and getting clipped for his troubles. It was much more likely that he was headed towards a KO loss than it was he was headed towards a KO win. Even when he did land one of those wild, looping punches, he never hurt Mikey. On the flipside, damn near every time Mikey touched Salido, he visably hurt or dropped him. This fight was a wipeout from beginning to end. The reaction reminds me of the idiocy in the aftermath of the Cotto-Margarito rematch. Where one guy took an ass kicking from start to end, but because he was coming foward, people assumed he was somehow wearing the guy kicking his ass down.
        agree with all this

Comment

wait a minute....Robert Garcia stopped the fight for mikey but didn't want to stop the fight for margarito when he fought pacquiao?. And now margarito has a permanent damaged eye....damn that's messed up.

Comment

It's amazing how people just throw away 4 KD's Mickey was catching him that left all night. Salido was simply trying to charge in with his wild punches. He looked like a desperate fighter in there. It was an accidental headbutt so I don't mind that he called for a stoppage. He was just gonna continue to nullify Salido and possibly even stop him or knock him down again bull rushing in. If anything I would expect Mickey to give him a rematch that's it.

Comment

Gotta love the way Mikey Nails Salido

Comment

I felt it was a way out at first (i was rooting for salido), but after you could tell Garcia was not satisfied and when he was talking to salido you can tell he was telling him ill give you the rematch. Made a fan out of me last night.

Comment

Too bad it ended that way. Mikey disfigured Salido's face and knocked him down several times, that surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                    wait a minute....Robert Garcia stopped the fight for mikey but didn't want to stop the fight for margarito when he fought pacquiao?. And now margarito has a permanent damaged eye....damn that's messed up.
                    Well Margarito is a piece of **** and Mikey is Robert's little brother.

That was the right call. Salido swung his head in after he missed with that overhand right and broke Mikey's nose. Anybody who's commenting and didn't see it should see it. Mikey's nose was broken at the top near his brow and was moving when the doctors touched it. If the fight would have continued and Salido landed a punch or two on the his nose, there could have been some serious permanent damage.

No way the fight should have continued after Salido butted him. Salido got taken to school. That was great to see especially after reading all the 'real Mexican' vs. 'wannabe Mexican' garbage on these boards beforehand. Now reading people calling out Mikey's heart for going to the cards is ridiculous.

I'm officially jumping on the Mikey Garcia bandwagonn... now.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                      I thought the same thing, too, at first. But upon further consideration, I realized: Mikey was kicking Salido's butt and well ahead on the cards. Garcia was then head-butted, possibly on purpose. There was nothing left to prove after that. No need to risk further injury, especially under questionable circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                      X