No announcement yet.

Could any MW in history stop Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody.

I wouldn't even bet on Julian Jackson to KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
      Nobody.

I wouldn't even bet on Julian Jackson to KO him.
      I agree. But JJ had the power to K.O any man on the planet. But would he land that right hook? No, hagler K.O's him. Same with the G man

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        I agree. But JJ had the power to K.O any man on the planet. But would he land that right hook? No, hagler K.O's him. Same with the G man
        Hagler isn't ko'ing McClellan.

Comment

No one thinks Roy Jones Jr could? Where is Reed? lol

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            LOL,,, where is Trojansbaby.. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Roy was powerful and unbelievably good. But, he'd never commit to getting Hagler out of there and still wouldn't be able to doing so if he did commit.

Roy couldn't KO Hopkins, and Hopkins was not as tough as Hagler at 160 (Hagler doesn't touch the canvas twice against the Segundo Mercado's of the world).

Comment

Harry Greb

On Cuts

And I mean that's the MW who would most likely be able to do it.

Comment

Yes, someone could I'm sure, but whether they would is another story entirely. I don't anyone would KO him, even if they could.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Yes, someone could I'm sure, but whether they would is another story entirely. I don't anyone would KO him, even if they could.
                    I don't believe so, unless Monzon threw him off a balcony post fight.

He's too good defensively, watch the way he slips and parries almost every punch thrown at him. I feel he gets horribly under-rated defensively for not being spectacular like Pep, Whitaker, Mayweather etc. It might not be very noticeable but, he had a very good defence that got the job done. It's also worth noting that like most great fighters, any shot that did land was rolled with to negate most of the power.

Lets not also forget his famous granite chin which has been talked about enough in this thread.

And Harry Greb on cuts? I know it's plausible as a cut stoppage is basically possible in any fight but, with Harry Greb having the much shorter reach he is going to have to work his way inside to hit Hagler and land to cut him. Although I've not seen Greb on film I've read he was very wild and wild shots coupled with Haglers jab is not going to end well at all.

Comment

It would be mighty difficult...I will give few a shot...a middleweight version of Sam Langford, knocked out guys much heavier than him and Fitz, who knocked out heavies with a single punch...If either catch marvin Hagler he will be in trouble ( that doesn't mean knocked out though)

Comment

Working...
                      X