No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd held to a higher standard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    His #1 status at 154 should mean he's ready for the likes of Trout and Martinez at 154, not to mention extremely unproven Canelo
    UHHh and thats fine with me....but what?
    Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Another example, a few months back there was an interview with Roach saying Guerrero would be a good match with Pacquiao. A lot of Pacquiao fans here were agreeing with him BUT now that Floyd-Guerrero is on the cusp of being made it is a cherry pick.

Pac fans are unintentionally admitting that Floyd is the greater fighter by doing this. Floyd has to fight a 160 lb Sergio Martinez to not be considered cherry picking but Guerrero is okay for Pacquiao?
    I agree.

Comment

• Why not hold him to a higher standard. His idiot fans call him "God" on here. The *********s go wild for him on here. why not?

A fight with Guerrero plays into his hands.

Comment

• I'm a Floyd fan. I've been so since the 1996 Olympics. I'm not some newbie that just started watching the sport when he became Money Mayweather. I got to his fights. It costs me air travel, hotel and crazy dollars to get good seats that would be worth the trip to Vegas. I can honestly say that I support the fighters that I am a fan of and have a good time doing so.

So with that said, I want to see his skills put to the test and fight the toughest challenges possible so I can get my moneys worth. That's why I have higher standards for him than most.
        Last edited by -PBP-; 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I'm a Floyd fan. I've been so since the 1996 Olympics. I'm not some newbie that just started watching the sport when he became Money Mayweather. I got to his fights. It costs me air travel, hotel and crazy dollars to get good seats that would be worth the trip to Vegas. I can honestly say that I support the fighters that I am a fan of and have a good time doing so.

So with that said, I want to see his skills put to the test and fight the toughest challenges possible so I can get my moneys worth. That's why I have higher standards for him than most.
          Respect boss man!

Comment

• Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
            UHHh and thats fine with me....but what?

I agree.
            So that's not a higher standard. He's apparently being held to a lower standard when most of his fans want to excuse him from taking the fights he's supposed to be taking, per his status.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              So that's not a higher standard. He's apparently being held to a lower standard when most of his fans want to excuse him from taking the fights he's supposed to be taking, per his status.

Comment

Nobody disputes he's a legit 2x champ at 154. Trout, Martinez are fights a #1 rated champ should be expected to take. He's not taking them. What gives? Why don't his fans want to see him against the best challengers in his division? Nobody is expecting him to move up to his 6th division even.

Comment

Example:

Floyd can fight Canelo, Martinez, Trout etc... but he couldnt or should not have fought Marquez, Clottey or Ortiz.

at the same time Pac can fight Margarito, Clottey(even thought they are "bigger") and whoever he seems to have an advantage over and get huge credit for the wins.

( you say well because of size.) But Floyd cAN FIGHT pAC....

But if we say Pac should fight Canelo, Martinez, Trout.....This is absurd and out of the question?

On the same note Cotto can fight all those guys too and its no problem( a fighter Pac fought and beat).

For me the answer is...Whether you hate Floyd or love him your giving him respect because inside you know he is great or greater than Manny.

Opinions?
                  Floyd retired when he should fought young prime Margarito, young prime Cotto and prime Mosley in his own weight division. Not to mention Floyd fought just 4 tmes in the last 6 years compares to other 12 times or more. The only people held him in higher standard are his gullible fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Guerrero is a good match up for Pac as Pac has beaten just about everybody, tought fights back to back to back. Guerrero would be good for Pac.

He isnt that special for Floyd as Floyid needs to up his game a bit for not doing enough.
                    Floyd cant sit on his laurels and then just come back for a Guerrero when Floyd has so much catching up to do.

Pac fights often so isnt expected to burn the candle at both ends, but he does anyway, fighting Margarito 18lbs heavier than Pac, Jmm, Bradley and then JMM again. That is a punishing scedule in a short space of time.And who was Pac not favoured against? ? He is favourite all the time, and probably only not against Sergio, but yes people expected Pac to fight Sergio soon after Pac destroyed margarito.
                    Guerrero is good for Pac
                    +
                    Guerrero is not good for Floyd
                    =
                    Floyd > Pac

Thank You !~

Comment

Working...
                    X