Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward training Cotto. Good or bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a Good thing! Everybody saw the crap in the gym before Steward man.

Manny seems better with taller fighters and dont seem what he was but he is still a Huge step up and can only help, i also like the way he is talking about bringing Cotto back to what he used to do. Basics. Miguel on his way up was one of the more technically correct fighters ive seen, chin always tucked, gloves always up, good balance, ect. ect.

It may be too late by now but i still like Cotto's odds at getting more Big wins and remember Steward Asked to train HIM, Manny actively set out to work with Miguel and u can tell by his commentery he had a good understanding of Miguel

Comment

Even if it wasn't doing anything for tactical purposes, Steward demands the kind of respect that Cotto has never had to give a trainer. That alone helps.

Comment

Truthfully, we won't know until Cotto is in there with someone that forces him to rethink the gameplan.

If you're in there and you have a lot of faith in Steward and everything is going just about as planned, it's easy to stick to the script. However, if you get hit and you know what you're supposed to do, but are questioning, that's when the cornerman is needed most.

Cotto knows how to get into shape. Stewart is there for two reasons. Technique and in-ring advice/planning. The technique is all good. However, in-ring will only be determined when you get Cotto in there with someone who makes me rethink things.

Then, you get to see if Emmanuel can keep Cotto on track.

Comment

Its good if Cotto wins, but its bad if he looses.

But thats just IMO.

Comment

better than Santiago or Evangelista
            Steward can help Cotto protect himself better
            good thing, since he's been badly punished
            his style won't be as exciting anymore though

Comment

Only time will tell. 2011 we will find out the results of his new trainer

Comment

Working...
              X