Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a boxing match on Christmas be huge?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a boxing match on Christmas be huge?

Most are at home anyway with several family members or friends over,why not schedule a big ppv on Christmas night?

Nobody wants to see two men fighting on Christmas, Larry.

Comment

My guess is because

1) While most places are closed, don't a lot of movies have opening days on Xmas too?

2) Everybody involved might not want to fight on Xmas day

3) Maybe people don't feel like watching a movie or boxing and just want to celebrate with each other

Comment

People are usually broke around Christmas time, people with big families anyway, lol. PPV is the last thing on present buyers minds.

Comment

I've personally always wondered why no boxing on Dec 26th, boxing day? Doesn't have to be some huge card, but just put some sort of boxing on TV on boxing day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich2123 View Post
            I've personally always wondered why no boxing on Dec 26th, boxing day? Doesn't have to be some huge card, but just put some sort of boxing on TV on boxing day.
            Not boxing day, but PBC has boxing on Tuesday (http://www.premierboxingchampions.co...cember-29-2015).

Comment

this event is brought to you by Larry triple X promotions
              and sponsored by TMT

Comment

If that was the case, Floyd would of looked for a Christmas date instead of the Mexican holidays.

Comment

Well in the spirit of Christmas, I highly doubt it. We are talking about two men trying to hurt each other on a day that most people think about peace and kindness toward one another. They really don't mix very well. And besides, if a boxer got seriously hurt on Christmas, that could be a PR nightmare.

Comment

1Iota is closed on Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                    X