Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter from any era 160-175 that you will favor over Andre Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how good is Ward at 175, but at 168 and 160 the only one who I have the certainty that is better and can beat him in a fight is Roy Jones Jr

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
      overseas 10 out of 10, in a neutral place, never

ppl say Ward is protected but Ottke is the def. of that
      Who says Ward is protected? Must be one dumb sob.

Ward is probably the most accomplished 168lb fighter ever. (imo. some could say Calzaghe still but i disagree) But this is mostly because the division is horrible historically.

Beating guys like Froch and Kessler is nice in context, but doesn't give a good idea how he would fare against ATG 160 or 175lb fighters.
      People saying only Roy could beat him is in my opinion reaching.

A very recent dominant middleweight in Bernard Hopkins could probably do very well and if not beat Ward at least make it extremely close. And he's just one of many dominant champs at 160 let alone 175.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Hagler, Monzon, Hearns, Leonard, Greb, Robinson, Calzaghe, Ottke, Jones, Charles, Moore, Spinks, Conn, Hopkins etc.
        This has to be a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          ...because at every point in his career, hopkins losses came to athletic guys who could box well...
          All of those losses he was over 40 where his own physical abilities declined. Taylor and Calzaghe he was out worked plain and simple. He landed the better shots and outboxed both of them with ease but they were more active. Hopkins in the 90s never had that problem.

Also Hopkins won more rounds against RJJ back in 1993 until Tarver I. Think about that, it took 12 years before someone did better than Hopkins did against RJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            Who says Ward is protected? Must be one dumb sob.

Ward is probably the most accomplished 168lb fighter ever. (imo. some could say Calzaghe still but i disagree) But this is mostly because the division is horrible historically.

Beating guys like Froch and Kessler is nice in context, but doesn't give a good idea how he would fare against ATG 160 or 175lb fighters.
            People saying only Roy could beat him is in my opinion reaching.

A very recent dominant middleweight in Bernard Hopkins could probably do very well and if not beat Ward at least make it extremely close. And he's just one of many dominant champs at 160 let alone 175.

nobody says hes protected. Some people ***** that he doesnt leave his home town but its a moot point considering he never needed any help from the judges in his fights

Comment

Ward isn't protected he takes on the best available, but the best available is average in the grand scheme of things, there are many, many fighters who would easily beat all of his opponents so far, so it's a bit early to crown him an atg and say only Jones has any chance of beating him.

Learn the history of the sport before humiliating yourself with a baseless claim like that

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                James Toney

i think Ward beats prime Calzaghe
                Calzaghe demolishes Ward......

Comment

Toney, Hopkins, MCcCallum, Nunn, SRL <= I'd put my money on all these guys to beat Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
                    We haven't seen Ward at 175. And at 160 he wasn't in his prime. So at 168 outside of Roy no one beats him Toney has a chance.
                    I can rock with this ^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
                      overseas 10 out of 10, in a neutral place, never

ppl say Ward is protected but Ottke is the def. of that
                      Does Ottke lose to anyone in the history of boxing at 168 in Germany?

Comment

Working...
                      X