Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody actually think Chavez will be able to walk through Martinez punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he can take them, but chavez jr has good defense too and wont likely decide to walk thru them.. I dont think he's gonna get KOed easily. I love his chances in this fight..

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Last 4 fights have been by ko/TKO. Even in later rounds. Martinez showed he can carry ko power to the later rounds. What are you talking about?

his opponents were taking his gas all night. he breaks these guys down because he has to. outside of williams 2 he is not a one punch knockout puncher.

any viable boxing mind will tell you that martinez power is overrated. it should honestly be taken for granted that his power has been embellished.

you want to see what a puncher looks like?

here are two great punchers. when they hit a man on the chin the guy is going down.
      jackson

mcclellan

if you knew what you were looking at you'd understand that there is absolutely no comparing their power to martinez. they are slightly larger than martinez, but not enough to make up for such a huge difference in power if martinez is indeed a power puncher.
      Last edited by New England; 07-23-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        For the first 5-6 rounds yeah, then they will start taking their toll on him.
        Yeah this, pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          So i guess his other KO's have nothign to do with it...... lmao.

nope

they have absolutely nothing to do with it. they werent bone crunching knockouts from a puncher. williams is the only man to go out with one shot, and that was more of a product of williams being an open book and maravilla having 13 rounds to know exactly where his chin would be.

the boxing fanbase is all about overreactions. they make this place tick.

martinez is a good puncher. if he hits you enough you'll either get busted up or go down. the notion that he's some one punch puncher comes from one fight and one fight only - williams II -

and i drove six hours and paid $ 200 to see martinez fight from ringside. i am a fan of the man. this is honest new england evaluation.
          Last edited by New England; 07-23-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

im hoping that martinez wins this one by KO so floyd can come in at 154 and tax that ass up.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Problem View Post
              im hoping that martinez wins this one by KO so floyd can come in at 154 and tax that ass up.
              Why do you talk like that? It sound like you are acting hard on the internet, and that is pretty much meaningless unless it fulfills your life in some weird way. We both know Floyd's not 'taxing Sergio's ass' as you put it. Floyd is a better fighter and obviously an ATG, but Sergio would be Floyd's toughest fight to date (or at the very least one of his toughest fights).

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
                Why do you talk like that? It sound like you are acting hard on the internet, and that is pretty much meaningless unless it fulfills your life in some weird way. We both know Floyd's not 'taxing Sergio's ass' as you put it. Floyd is a better fighter and obviously an ATG, but Sergio would be Floyd's toughest fight to date (or at the very least one of his toughest fights).

that's almost certainly what's known as an "alt"

they're the manifestations of trolling personalities of other posters. i dont know who these guys are who actually have these alts, but they're everywhere. they create a seperate persona from their original accounts to bait people into wars, nut suckle their favorite fighters, and spread their dogma.

dont pay them any attention, unless you're an alt yourself, in which case you need to battle for supremacy. like highlander, in the end there can only be one.

Comment

Martinez has power, but not one hit ko, I agree. His power reminds me of Pac's in the higher classes. Its the fact he's fast with some power that does them in. Add his timing and he can knock all but huge or sturdy fighters down. Otherwise he just breaks you down. He throws more punches than given creit for. So yeah... Chavez should walk through them..but for how long. Likewise for Martinez. How much will a concentrated body attack effect him. Martinez is freakishly accurate with that left, he might be able to time Chavez running in like a bull with blind shots. Pavlik was stationary, Chavez will be coming forward. This reminds me of Shane vs Margo.

Comment

What type of output do you guys expect Sergio to have? I think that is a major factor in this fight, because even when you give Sergio optimal conditions for him...his output isn't that great.

JR can't expect to be careless and walk through everything because even if they don't hurt, Sergio throws nothing but laserbeams and obviously they can cut you up - he's good at turning the glove at the moment it hits the face, even on glancing shots, so I can see JR's face getting busted up regardless based on his history.

He's decent at picking off shots and getting low as he works inside, but if he can't keep Sergio directly in front of him most of the time he's gonna get whacked from the sides, he won't see them all and those might start to hurt. I think he's young enough to push through it all unless he gets super tired.

Macklin was able to keep Sergio's output from 20-45 punches per round for the first 5 rounds. It makes me wonder what type of approach JR will take from the opening bell because he has looked tired himself in some fights and he complained about leg cramps against Lee.

I think he can make it to the 3rd-4th round without taking much damage, appearing to be the aggressor, getting the benefit on the cards...and then go all out from the 5th-12th when you'd expect Sergio to begin to adjust himself. Macklin didn't press hard enough after a great start imo..... JR has to change the gameplan at some point in the fight

Comment

I think people are giving Jr way too much credit and love. They are now severely under estimating Martinez and over estimating Jr.

The Paul Williams Martinez beat would have walked through Jr's entire resume. The Pavlik Martinez beat would have knocked out Jr's entire resume. Sergio is just a tier above Jr and it will show. The only way Jr is winning is by corrupt judges or a lucky hayemaker.

Comment

Working...
                      X