No announcement yet.

Ortiz taking short money for a shot at Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz taking short money for a shot at Mayweather

Love him or hate him, this is how things SHOULD be and I give Ortiz mad, sick, dope, ******ed props for taking this fight.

Green, questionable mental toughness, and a huge underdog....

Takes short money for a chance to secure his legacy.

Thats called Balls. Big, brass, carry them around in a shopping cart BALLS.

(it also might be called suicidal, total lack of self preservation skills, etc..)

Anyone else impressed with this move?

Anyone else thrilled to see a fighter more interested in taking the best fight available, instead of being led around by the "Money"

I think this fight will be FAN TASTIC. War the sweet science.

What do you think hes making? WBC Champ? With PPV probably 6-10 m?

Comment

he's gonna take home like 2.5 mill after it's all said and done in cash.

Comment

the green kid............needs to make a living

Comment

Oh yeah mad props to Ortiz. He realizes the money will be there later, right now it's about taking on the best.

Comment

At the very least, he's not coming off a terrible loss and he holds a legit welter-weight title. If Ortiz is Floyd's tune-up fight, that is one hell of a tune-up after a 16 month layoff.

Comment

Good news is there is no downside for Ortiz now that I think about it.

If you lose you lose to a former P4P champion in multiple weight classes, considered by many to be the best fighter out there.

If you win....you BEAT the guy I was just talking about and you are in the driver seat to force a fight with Pac to get your 20 Mil.

Comment

$3.5Million guaranteed+A slice of the PPV Revenu[Probably 70-30/80-20]+Gate revenue ain't short money. Victor Ortiz will end up earning around $6 Million dollars. I will take that.

Only Winky Wright would turn down that offer.

Comment

Originally posted by GattiFan View Post

If you lose you lose to a former P4P champion in multiple weight classes, considered by many to be the best fighter out there.

If you win....you BEAT the guy I was just talking about and you are in the driver seat to force a fight with Pac to get your 20 Mil.
                  Nothing but the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by GattiFan View Post

I agree!!! Win or lose he's in for the fight of his life, it's gonna be a war

Comment

Working...
                    X